ULEZ Diseasal

TopCat1127

Club Member
Sep 25, 2006
Middle of a field..........nr Huntingdon
OK so been clobbered for ULEZ in the Jaaaaaaaaaaaaag, which turns out to be Euro 3 or 4 (Still trying to find out) and ULEZ regs state diseasals have to be Euro6 comliant.
Basically took a wrong turn in the dark and ended up going south on the A1 instead of north lol (don't ask, my sense of direction has always been crap lol) anyways after seeing the signs and then some more signs it was 'Oh sh1t' and promptly U turned at the next roundabout, but it was apparently one roundybout too many!!!
So as i didn't think i'd entered i didn't pay online and now have a PCN.................yup £90 feckin wonderful!!!
It seems i have an option to contest it via a 'Representation' online, has anyone done this? And how did you get on?

I’m presently in dispute with ULEZ Bristol.
We were forced through Bristol a few months ago via blocked motorway and my 12 year out of date DS sat nav.
The first I knew was a letter 2 or 3 months after the event.
I genuinely didn’t know Bristol had a ULEZ, seriously, I doubt I will ever go there again !
I street viewed my weird non main road route and that showed I passed only one sign, which was easily obscured by other vehicles.
I appealed with this info and a screen shot of the one sign I must have passed.
No response yet maybe 6 weeks later.
Hopefully they are inundated with such appeals and it all falls under the carpet.

Give it a go, you might at least get it back to the basic fine rather than the mega tax rip off.
Oh and congrats on the sense of direction. Mrs Mabo has similar traits.

• Haha
Reactions: TopCat1127
I usually just aim for big bits then sort it when i get there lol (Old despatch riders trick) lol so obviously that was before any ULEZ or speed cameras BS lol but yes i've just filled in the online bumph as it also stops the clock on non payment fines too

Reactions: mabo
Bargain, mine is £120

I asked if there was a map showing where the signs are positioned. They denied it existed, afterwards I thought if I was them I wouldn’t publish the map either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: tiff and TopCat1127
Bristol got us too mabo..
on trip to a dog show and the sat nav decided to reboot, missed a turn on the dual carriageway and i swear i didn't see any congestion signs... didn't even seem like we went into Bristol but sure enough a month later a fine came through ,what made me laugh tho is they put the make down as UNKNOWN :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
they clearly don't have access to the dvla

I just checked the paperwork. Mine is down as UNKNOWN too ( I thought it was ) maybe Bristol CC don’t pay DVLA enough to be told the make of the vehicle.

Did you pay Shirtyzeus ?

Reactions: shirtyzeus
When I checked a few months ago Bath doesn’t charge cars, or maybe it was private cars. It seemed to be more commercially aimed.

Last edited:
Been in and out of Birmingham about four times this year and not been charged, I did check before going in each time in case they had changed things, all a bit confusing to be honest, certainly will not pay to go into London anymore and as each city demands I pay so I will no longer go there unless it's unavoidable 🙄

As far as London goes it's making society of two degrees, one that has to struggle to carry on living there or working there, forced to buy ever more compliant vehicles and then still having a congestion charge and horrendous parking charges along with having to put up with the blocking of roads and cycle ways and those that money is no object and will carry on running very high-end cars that do very low mpg because they can afford it, most other cities will become retail wastelands as the costs go up of shopping there, out of town retail will survive and supermarkets everything else will be online with more delivery service vans cluttering up the roads and fewer people employed in retail, high street banking etc, with the drop in manufacturing, steel, ships, aircraft, cars, one does wonder where people will be employed in the future, care homes it seems 🤔

I just checked the paperwork. Mine is down as UNKNOWN too ( I thought it was ) maybe Bristol CC don’t pay DVLA enough to be told the make of the vehicle.

Did you pay Shirtyzeus ?
yes mate...i wanted to get advise on paying it or not.
but the missus didn't want any hassle and paid the cheaper rate.
i guess tho that if it went to court the judge would just spit at me for being poor and questioning their higher authority...
so frankly bristol..and london can just go **** orf...i will avoid them and spend nothing in them.

we need to watch out tho.....so many more citys are planning this sort of poor man robbery under the name of the law.
Post automatically merged:

what make me laugh tho is the car driver who is being clobbered will stop going into these places to shop or visit its attractions ,yet the businesses with their massive trucks and vans will pay it as they just pass the cost to the customer....
so it wont stop the worst most polluting traffic going in :LOL:

when (im forced to) go into the centre of london i see more lorrys (builder contractors) and trader vans than cars.....how is this making cleaner air?

effin joke if u ask me.

Last edited: