Using Ford TIS

shywaz

Well-known user
Nov 24, 2008
Kaunas, Lithuania
So after my HVAC started playing games, i took my Ford TIS cd and entered the world of confusion....
so far i've found how to test HVAC, found what exact dtc means, found which pinpoint tests needs to be done, did them and finally got this "repair circuit 15S - FA27 (GN/WH) by using wiring diagrams"...

how to use wiring diagrams section? where is circuit name written in there? how can i find "15S - FA27 (GN/WH)" circuit?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH! (would be my reaction) Good luck with it. I'm sure some electrickery guru will have the answers.

Definately "WIBBLE" :angel:
TIS wiring diags are a nightmare.
even basic "searches" like "DOOR" or "disk" come up empty.

search function doesn't work at all... i see text, enter it in search, but it says nothing found...
or there is another tricky way to use it???

I've just had a look and cant find any reference to that circuit. Did you use a test for a Mondeo, as the circuit diagrams wont relate to the cougar then...

From what I can see, the 15s circuits seem to relate to the engine cooling fan circuitry.

Shywaz you need to look under the wiring diagrams for: Cougar 1999 3/4 - 2002.
Go to 'index' and then the letter 'S'.
Scroll down to S166 Air-con with SATC. 412-00-00-004.
Select that link and then scroll down one diagram to diagram no. 412-00-00-005.
In the middle of that diagram you will find 15S-FA27, a Green and White wire which is in Pin20 of connector C82a on the back of the HVAC unit.
That wire leads to another one that is joined to the interior temp sensor behind the little grille in the dash; the one you asked about in a previous post.
HTH, Andy.

Shywaz you need to look under the wiring diagrams for: Cougar 1999 3/4 - 2002.
Go to 'index' and then the letter 'S'.
Scroll down to S166 Air-con with SATC. 412-00-00-004.
Select that link and then scroll down one diagram to diagram no. 412-00-00-005.
In the middle of that diagram you will find 15S-FA27, a Green and White wire which is in Pin20 of connector C82a on the back of the HVAC unit.
That wire leads to another one that is joined to the interior temp sensor behind the little grille in the dash; the one you asked about in a previous post.
HTH, Andy.

first of all - thanks a lot Andy,
secondly - how did you know/find this?

anyway, i've found that diagram now too, but still can't understand what to do :)
i got picture looking like this:

so as you said green/white wire from HVAC unit connector c82a it goes to heater blower relay +A/C recirculation solenoid valve +temperature sensor?
is this wire connected to another 3 wires? right?

or simply can anyone tell me what to do to repair this circuit? where should i look for possible loose connections?