What a help you've all been so far

dkenny_uk

New user
Nov 18, 2009
Blackburn
Hello all!

Had the Cougar a couple of months now and we are getting on well! Had a few questions, came on here, got the answers, subscirbed and all within the hour! Brilliant.

Have very little mechanical knowledge and really hope I can contribute and get help for what I am learning to be a really great car.

Look forward to using the forum.

Cat: 1999 T Reg Blurple 2.5l 24v V6 Ford Cougar
No mods - as of yet! Apart from the usual parrot car kit, fragrant tree, iPhone kit. Working on it! :wink5:

David

welcome to the forum david(y), you will find plenty of banter on here, and your subs will save you a shed load more than they cost, you may find yourself however spending just a tad on mods, it becomes infectious:rolleyes5:

Fantastic innit :D

I've been on here for just over a year now and it's been great.

I've saved £ thousands in garage bills and probably spent double that on mods that I'd never even have thought of if I'd not found this wonderful forum :p

Cheers all. Never done too many mods to my cars but you lot are infectious! Just spent 20 mins looking at gear knobs and only joined the forum tonight! Any recommendations, I'm feeling brushed steel / alim maybe with a bit of leather?

Thanks again all.

Sanity is over rated and predictable.

As a relatively new owner are there any tricks / secrets / tips hidden on the car I may not yet have discovered, a 3.5mm input jack, a secret storage area, a way to get over 30mpg :) etc?

fraid not, over 30 mpg if you have a very light foot and on motorway, but common mods here include, hids as the lights are ****, exhaust will help fuel efficiency , few lads jj,kully and cmewse big into sound systems, phil robbo is the man to see about visteon style scoops, neil casscougar works for a very decent ford dealership and organises parts and service at a discounted rate, you will soon find your way around the forum,
the big cat is just about getting in and enjoying the drive, ;)

Thanks again all.

Sanity is over rated and predictable.

As a relatively new owner are there any tricks / secrets / tips hidden on the car I may not yet have discovered, a 3.5mm input jack, a secret storage area, a way to get over 30mpg :) etc?

One i was surprised to find :idea: Push the headlight switch in and turn it left = parking lights (y):LOL:

Over 30 mpg = park it :ihih:

Bonnet release = passenger side footwell :incazzato: unless you've "modded it" eh Mark :D

Hiya David from a fellow Blackburner! Where abouts we could bob round for a brew lol :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: