What to do with these?

Ok, so todays events are enough to physically pull my hair out. I went to Halfrauds to get some clear sealent which i did. I came home, started to put the sealent onto the emblems, there is a small groove on the back so i was aiming to fill that and stick to the area above the sidelight, Im having a world of difficulty getting these things to sit flat, i have tried bending them but there is a little gap when the bottom is pushed flat with the panel. It wont seal properly so its just not fitting properley. :s any of you out there with abit of advice as to how to get these to fit, i have tried bending them with no luck.

Cheers

Chris

Were yours bent when you got them mate? how did you apply the sealent? i just got nowhere other than making a right good mess!!!

Just popped a bit of tape on, and was just wondering will this with stand a jet was and cleaning? as dont want this to just fall off after a wash lol. Just stuck some on and it seems as though it is peeling away from the metal very easily :S

Did you clean the surface with white spirit first?
If you had some sealant on there and didn't get rid of any residue then the tape wont stick.

I attached 2 new number plates today. Wiped the area and the back of the number plate with white spirit. Stuck the tape on and voila !!!
Those puppies aren't going anywhere. Jet wash or snow included :LOL:

Ok, thanks for the reply guys.

Just wanted to clarify as per post 1 you can see the back of the emblems have a recess and its not flat. Also how would i be able to get the tape going round the back in a circle as the tape is in a long strip. I could try cutting little piece but stuff i have is called "double sided foam tape" is that the right stuff? only £1.79 from my local parts store. Maybe its just the cheap stuff. Thats why i was trying to go down the silicone route as it would fill the gaps in the back thus making it flush. However, the emblem does not sit flat on the panel, i think i may have to bend it a little to get it flush maybe.

ah i dont know what to do. hmmmmmmm

BUMP. gonna try and do these today so if anyone could offer some advice as to how my earlier post

Cheers all

Measure the circumference and width of the groove then cut a piece of tape a little shorter and slightly narrower. Make several nicks along the length of tape so you can bend it to fit to the circle.