Winter Diagnostic Project

bobster1982

Club Member
Aug 9, 2007
Grimsby
I have been sick off lugging my big laptop around friends and shows doing diagnostic work on cars so have built up a little laptop to help me make life easier :)

2009-12-04234156.jpg

the bonus is that it is a tablet laptop so I now have a nice touchscreen interface for remaps and full diagnostics :D fully wireless as I aquired a bluetooth OBD interface and the tablet has bluetooth and wireless built in. Coupled with a 5 hour battery life once I replace the current one it should be ideal for my needs (y)

2009-12-04234222.jpg

2009-12-04234239.jpg

I've got some s/w Rob for diags on my laptop, but i don't think any of it is any use for ABS faults. I plugged it in the other day and there were only two fuel mixture fault codes (DTC's) and i cleared them just before i took it in for the mot check.

what you need is a bit of software I have matey that will allow you to access 3 modules.

powertrain
ABS
Airbag

most cheaper diagnostics only allow powertrain access as they dont see the ABS or Airbag sections of the ECU. The software im hoping to have soon coupled with an adaptor will allow PATS access as well.

A bit more impresive than my A/V computer Bobster ;) nice bit of kit that.

I've seen an in-car mounting kit for the ACER-1 netbook I have online, could come in handy if I was to use it as a SAT-Nav I guess..?