Worlds worst marshalls!

JJ

Well-known user
Sep 10, 2004
Manchester
Ok some may find this distressing so do NOT click the link if you think you may be.

Possibley some of the worst marshelling I have ever seen anywhere just check out the first thing the very first marshal on the scene does truly shocking I hope the driver makes a full recovery.

Thats just stupid, nevermind the poor sod in the drivers seat, make sure the fires out at the back (n)

re over 18's: I agree with TC, shocking footage but not what I would call graphic!

Might sound trite, but what happened to the drivers harness? How did he end up in the positition he was? As for the marshalling, disgusting.

watched this a couple of times now 1 they are not racing cars or they would have had full cages and fire exstiguishers 2 foam for a chemical fire / electrical fire co2 is the only way way starve the flames of oxygen. beggars belief.!

watched this a couple of times now 1 they are not racing cars or they would have had full cages and fire exstiguishers 2 foam for a chemical fire / electrical fire co2 is the only way way starve the flames of oxygen. beggars belief.!

I noticed that, you can make out a cage and a full racing seat but it doesn't look like the cage stood up to the impact very well. As for why he is out of the seat I can only assume that either the harness failed, or that he had a gaurdian angel, because had he still been strapped into the seat he'd be dead for sure.

Race marshals do a terrific job, and I'm sure that many a life has been saved thanks to their actions, but these guys obviously needed better training. British marshals are widely regarded as the best in the world and you will often see members of the British Motorsport Marshals Club assisting at international race meetings, including dates on the F1 calender.

Another thing about this is why did it take so long for marshals & fire crew to arrive on the scene in numbers when the incident happened right on the pit wall where there is always an abundance of officials? Also why did it take a race engineer with no protective clothing on what-so-ever to approach the car first to try and pull Giorgio from the wreckage, but most of all, the two fire marshals who arrived on the scene first should have concentrated on the area around the driver, not his mudflaps!

The latest word is that Giorgio was moved from University hospital in Brno to a hospital closer to home in Italy a few days after the crash. He has suffered broken ribs, a broken leg, and second degree burns to 40% of his body, but they have since taken him off the ventilator. His condition is said to have stabalized and is improving. The FIA are also said to be investigating.

Here's wishing him a speedy recovery (y)

Most marshalls do a brilliant job as can be seen every weekend at race tracks around the country and the world on tv it's just a shame that in this instance they did a very poor job and were using the wrong equipment from the looks of it with the extinguishers.

JJ

OMG........the driver was lucky he wasn't cremated :oops:, what a tragedy this could have been, I hope the poor guy makes a full recovery.:(