xr2 turbo making way for a cougar

T

the saint

this is a few pics of my xr2 turbo which im getting rid of to get a cougar which i plan to use daily and hard out on track.

17092008478.jpg

13112008570.jpg

xr2tatbrands.jpg

13112008556.jpg

13112008558.jpg

brandshatch.jpg

yeah i bought the car with all the bits and i had to put it together and that intercooler came with so i used it lol, the car was running 200bhp and could have taken more but it was bloody good fun on track and in the wet was soo funny.

i want a zetec cougar purely as i have never had a fwd v6 and have no knowledge on them and the zetec is lighter and has loads to offer.

I'm a v6 owner but the zetec has the scope for turbo big horses especially the later black top which comes in the cougar.

i would like a v6 but i just feel more comfortable sticking with what i know, if i was minted i would actually use my favourite power plant which would be a cosworth YB engine and rwd

i would like a v6 but i just feel more comfortable sticking with what i know, if i was minted i would actually use my favourite power plant which would be a cosworth YB engine and rwd
Now that would be good :D
Seriously though the V6 is probably not a good option for racing,it dont have baffled sump for a start, and it runs hot as it is, without ragging it to death :hand:
Zetec is the cheaper option, just remove most of the trim (as I'm guessing you will) because the Cat is a big heavy car, the front seats themselves weigh a ton with all the electrics and seat heaters/air-bags etc.

my friend at work has a 2.5 v6 in silver with leather ect and i couldnt belive how heavy the doors feel lol.

i have big plans for the cougar when i get one, and i have a pair of very light cobra seats too go in and that`ll be about it inside with the obvious dash ect.

i do love my fiesta as it is a proper quick lightweight rocket but i need something i can still use daily as take on track days and use hard

Should be an interesting project to follow. Cardon fibre bonnet and boot lid would help with weight, both I have seen on NECO a month ago.

Hard to get hold of in the UK without them getting damaged in transit, usualy sourced from the USA, but yes there is a full rear hatch available in CF in the states aswell as bonnets (look under hoods)
The doors are heavy mate,the doorcards themselves weigh quite a bit, then you have the crash bar inside and the electric window motors etc.