All goosed up...

dogsbody

Honorary Member
Club Member
Feb 29, 2008
Castleford, West Yorks
Fitted my mongoose system yesterday..got a bit wet doing it, god i want a garage lol.

Old system off..took about 20 mins....
z2.jpg

....mainly due to this:
z1-1.jpg

Grinder sorted that out ...but it meant i had to remove the cat to get studs out :smile5:

Nice gasket;):
z3.jpg

Had to drill the studs out and replacewith ss m10's

Fitted:
z4.jpg

All slotted together great..a breeze to fit. You have to make a hanger for the nearside backbox..i happened to have a bit of m12 stainless threaded bar that worked a treat. All in all took about 3 hours.

Sounds very nice, actually quieter at low revs than my old standard zorst..which turned out to have been blowing quite badly:smile5:

Thanks to Charliecd001 for the great deal on the system (y)

Thinking of painting the tips black..wadda you think.

Just need a Pid brand infil panel to finish off:D

Nice work Mart, I'm with Phil, leave the tips, if you paint them they'll dtart to chip and look crappy :nono:
Glad to see you didn't neglect the grinder! :LOL:
Oh, and the infill is easily sorted (y) What colour would you like? :LOL:

looks good matey , dont suppose you took any pics of your exhaust hanger you made ?? ihave a small job to do on my ST which needs a hanger and i havent worked it out yet LOL

looks good matey , dont suppose you took any pics of your exhaust hanger you made ?? ihave a small job to do on my ST which needs a hanger and i havent worked it out yet LOL

Just a straight piece of m12 threaded bar 4 inch long with 2 nuts on.
On the drivers side the hanger is there attached to a hanging bracket..the same bracket is on the nearside but had a plasic blanking plug..i just removed the plug and inserted the threaded bar.

Just a straight piece of m12 threaded bar 4 inch long with 2 nuts on.
On the drivers side the hanger is there attached to a hanging bracket..the same bracket is on the nearside but had a plasic blanking plug..i just removed the plug and inserted the threaded bar.

cool i will have a look and see if my ST is the same , thanks matey (y)

I see you have the K&N fitted two, bet it make a lovley sound, i do like to drop the window and boot her in 2nd, i think it sounds like a V8 :)

Someone has been busy!!! Looks good mate, think I will have to sort something for mine some time soon! Makes a hell of a difference to the rear of the cat having dual exits. Does it feel more responsive???