Al's Last Meet.

Andy, Tracey has expressed her wish to come pay her respects with me and Wildcat, but is uncertain whether she will be able to get time away from work for operational reasons.

What are the implications of this uncertainty? Will a lack of a firm answer before Monday be a problem?

Reactions: Quicksilver
Absolutely not Chris.
They would like to know numbers wishing to attend the wake but one or two either way is not going to be a problem. (y)

Reactions: Mako
Andy - Do you know if Steve had mentioned anything about flowers?
I appreciate it is sometimes a family decision to only have Family flowers there?
I don’t mind giving him a call if it’s not been discussed?
Cheers
Ricky

Reactions: Quicksilver
Having spoken to the funeral director today we have decided the following is probably the best course of action.

We should meet up along the side of the road and roundabout, the area marked in blue on the map, facing from left to right towards the roundabout for 10am.
As we congregate I will distribute black ribbons for attaching to car aerials for those who wish to display them.

Postcodes NG19 8HP and NG19 8HQ cover that area.

The cortege will follow the route marked in red and we will join them as they round the roundabout.

Al's 1.jpg

Parking at the church is very limited so we have been advised to park in Morrisons Carpark NG19 8AW (the red spot) which is a two minute walk (marked in blue) from the church.

Al's 2.jpg

Al's is not a private burial so we are welcome to join the family at Mansfield Woodhouse Cemetery, off the A60 at NG19 9BN, for the interment and afterwards at Mansfield Woodhouse Ex-Servicemans Club, 'The Legion', at NG19 8EG for the wake.

Sorry I haven't been on here much of late, but I remembered Al's funeral was this week. I feel awful that with so many making a huge effort that I won't be able to attend. I would have liked to have paid my respects to the big man myself and loved to hear the stories that undoughtebly will be told but can't afford the time off. I hope all goes well and that it's a fitting celebration of his life.

Damian, I know he would appreciate the sentiment, but he'd also understand that it's tricky getting time off - especially at this time of the year.

As for me, I'm going to have to re-read the itinerary above with fresh eyes in the morning. Work has fried my brain today and I don't understand where I should be and when just yet.

Reactions: Damian