Another one from the states...

jaa55

Active user
Oct 29, 2008
Dayton PA
Im also from Pennsylvania, I used to be a member of this forum but i believe i didnt post for so long my username was reset.

anyways my girl friend bought a Cougar XR. heres some quick pictures
Enjoy!
cimg0045cr8.jpg

cimg0046qu4.jpg

cimg0047ez1.jpg

Welcome to the forum dude, nice car!!

I like how american houses are so much cooler then ours!!!

haha thank you!

Thanks for the comments guys, she really likes the car. Yes you're correct the hood scoop is factory on the XR.

but the nicest part of the XR by far is the interior, and yes this was an ebay car
15.jpg

16.jpg

20.jpg
24.jpg

Nice car, even if the wrong colour (or even color)! Wheels are good, just a slight change onthe standard alloys.

Did the XR have the 196 bhp engine?

No drivetrain modifications, same as an other 02 cougar engine. Completely an appearance package. my girl friend says she doesn't need a fast car.....i disagree :ihih:

Lovely Cougar, and nice interior, rear bumper seems to have lines similar to the front bumper, obver here the Cougar 2 seems to come with a cougar 1 rear bumper, im on the hunt for a driver side rear us tail light and both wire looms for each side of the rear, the ones that plug in, are they cheap to pick up over there as us ebay sellers want a lot for postage :eek6:

Haha, well there are some tweaks you can make! That engine is capable of rather more than Ford give you ;)

Thanks she will be happy to hear everyone likes her car, after i posted this thread she kept hounding me about what people said about it!

Very nice matey, and welcome to the forum.
Just as i start searching for a Visteon bonnet scoop as well
HOHalloweenTorTghost.gif

They are very nice, I found one for my old cougar and put it on. it was scary drilling holes in my hood to mount it!!

Lovely Cougar, and nice interior, rear bumper seems to have lines similar to the front bumper, obver here the Cougar 2 seems to come with a cougar 1 rear bumper, im on the hunt for a driver side rear us tail light and both wire looms for each side of the rear, the ones that plug in, are they cheap to pick up over there as us ebay sellers want a lot for postage :eek6:

I think my junkyard has one, ill take a look and see what i can do for you. i shipped a cougar 2 grille to a member on this forum before i think the shipping was kind of steep.

Welcome bud, that's a nice C2 you have there - like those wheels too. Is the XR the same as the "X Pack" here in the UK???

Is the XR the same as the "X Pack" here in the UK???
The US didn't have an X Pack option. Instead they had to specify all the goodies separately e.g. leather, heated seats, side air bags were all individual options.

The 'XR' was a special edition in the states with all the goodies pictured as standard. The wheels are 17" too.

What a shame they didn't let us have those red and black leather seats with the logo over here.:mad5:

yes i think there was a sports package here which included the spoiler and rear disc brakes. I still want to put auto climate control in her car but i hear its a pain.

find a set of XR seats ill skin them for you and send the upholstery ;)