Antarctica Pictures

Amazing pictures mate!! :D :D :D :D

I'm only up to the Gerlache Strait so far.
I thought I was doing well, then I saw that this album had 274 pictures alone..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This one is an absolute classic......

IMGP2807DesktopResolution.jpg

Awesome stuff Manos....

Incidently I know that red aeroplane inside out :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fully loaded it can land and stop in 200yards. Fully loaded it can get off the ground from a standing start in 600yards 8) 8) 8)

No tan there then!!! awsome pics fella, had to put me coat on to look at them!!!

Glad you all enjoyed the pics. :D

p.whitelock said:
Great pictures Manos! Whats your job?
IT support for the British Antarctic Survey. Best job I've ever had!

jamie_duff said:
Incidently I know that red aeroplane inside out :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Fully loaded it can land and stop in 200yards. Fully loaded it can get off the ground from a standing start in 600yards 8) 8) 8)
Yeah we have 4 blokes on the base who hopefully know the Dash 7 as well as you (if not better! :wink: ). Apparently it's one of the best maintained in the world. It celebrated its 10,000th hour of flying whilst I was there and the chef baked a huge cake to celebrate.
We had an interesting landing in Stanley in 40 knot side winds. We approached the runway at a 45 degree angle, straightening up in the final second and bouncing twice on the starboard running gear before landing properly.
We have four Twin Otters too with skis. Like you said Jamie, all the planes made economical use of the runway.

Biff said:
No tan there then!!!
That's where you're wrong Biff. I had a great tan. When the sun shone it felt like 20+ degrees plus it shines all day and night in the summer. Factor 30 and sunglasses were essential bits of kit. Reduced ozone and sunlight reflected off the snow also helps the sun tan/burn! :roll: