Aston Martin V12 Vantage

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

JJ

I love Astons, and I love this one just as much as all the others...

..but I have one little niggle.

It is a British car, built in Britain.....

..why the bloody hellis the steering wheel on the wrong side in the concept shots?!?!

I was lucky enough to get a tour around the Aston Martin works about 15 years back. Impressive to see them being hand finished (right down to the lead lining on the floor panels to stop them drumming!!!!)
I love the Vantage shape, reminds me of the cat in some ways, but a lot more expensive.

i thought the db9 shape and the cougar had a reseblance...or something like that. Not to sure about the alloys on the vantage though??

ROD; The concept pics are LHD because the concept was launched at the Geneva salon (Geneva Motor show) besides most sales are to the US and abroad so they probably sell more LHD versions....sad thought, us brits cant afford it :(

But I have to wonder with this out there, who will buy the DB-S now?
(there was talk of a replacement for the Vanquish too?)

ROD; The concept pics are LHD because the concept was launched at the Geneva salon (Geneva Motor show) besides most sales are to the US and abroad so they probably sell more LHD versions....sad thought, us brits cant afford it :(

But I have to wonder with this out there, who will buy the DB-S now?
(there was talk of a replacement for the Vanquish too?)

I think the DBS and V12 Vantage are still very different cars for very different buyers.

Whilst I wouldn't say the V12 Vantage was vulgar by any means, it is a tiny car with a huge engine, whereas the DBS is much larger, not much heavier and more refined than the Vantage. The mass of bonnet vents on the V12 Vantage would probably be an offput to a man in a Versacci suit, open collared white shirt and an IWF Schaffenhausen on his wrist.

I personally see the V12 Vantage as the one without a clear place in the range actually. Is it just me?

Given the choice, I think James Bond would still drive a DBS to a V12 Vantage :confused: I certainly would.

Completely agree with the bonnet vents, it is the only thing letting the car down... and those alloys, but they can be changed!
I much prefer the more compact design of the vantage, its more muscular than the sleeker DBS etc.

Errr....I've just wet myself! as I always do when I see an Aston...I've been told it's coz I'm an Old F*rt and can't control my bladder...I says it's coz I love the Aston! :LOL::LOL::eek:ut::eek6::LOL: