At last!!! i got intake!!!

shywaz

Well-known user
Nov 24, 2008
Kaunas, Lithuania
Well, here are the pics before install and before engine wash:

here is how my engine bay looks now. I have also installed hose and wire covers:

i'm so excited about it, that i even took a video of engine roar:ihih: check it out:

and i can say for sure - it won't increase fuel efficiency. Before i got ~30mpg now i got 21mpg. i hope it will get back to 30mpg or even more when i'll have enough of it, because, for now, every stop light - is like a drag strip... :rolleyes5:

Shywaz
Did you do the re set of the ecu ie disconnected the battery for a period of time.
This will take time to re-learn as mine did. Give it a good blast mixed driving slow and fast and over the next few days MPG will drop little by little. Mines running at 36MPG.

where did you get the kit from ? wanting a induction kit for my 2.5 do they take much fitting? wot is this re setting of ECU about? thanx.

Shywaz
Did you do the re set of the ecu ie disconnected the battery for a period of time.
This will take time to re-learn as mine did. Give it a good blast mixed driving slow and fast and over the next few days MPG will drop little by little. Mines running at 36MPG.

i took out my battery while i was installing kit, so i guess it must have resetted:smile5:

where did you get the kit from ? wanting a induction kit for my 2.5 do they take much fitting? wot is this re setting of ECU about? thanx.

i got mine of ebay, but member "racebits" sells the same with some discount.
its about a half and hour job, pretty easy if you got all necessery tools + all kit parts. mine was missing one clamp. Luckily i noticed before installation:smile5:

You can avoid ECU reseting, but it takes more time for engine computer to realise that the air is going in much more easier.

thanx m8 contacted racebits,was nt too sure wot ecu had to do with it, never had to do that b4. maybe just a cougar thing!(y)

thanx m8 contacted racebits,was nt too sure wot ecu had to do with it, never had to do that b4. maybe just a cougar thing!(y)

The ECU uses inputs from the MAF sensor as well as other sensors to help calculate the amount of air going into the engine. With this information, the ECU will compensate for more or less air by increasing or decreasing the injector’s pulse width.
So when you install intake, air flow increases and it takes some time for ECU to forget old and learn new settings. When ECU is resetted, is learns much faster, because he don't need to forget:smile5:

The ECU uses inputs from the MAF sensor as well as other sensors to help calculate the amount of air going into the engine. With this information, the ECU will compensate for more or less air by increasing or decreasing the injector’s pulse width.
So when you install intake, air flow increases and it takes some time for ECU to forget old and learn new settings. When ECU is resetted, is learns much faster, because he don't need to forget:smile5:

Would you have to do the same if changing a panel filter? as I'm going to put in a Pipercross foam filter - direct fit straight into the original airbox :confused: