C2 vs. C1 Before & Afters - which is better?

Which is the best combination of C1 vs. C2 face bits shown below?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
C

CJSnet

Hi chaps, as you may know I'm about to buy a Series 2 Cougar cos I love the interior, but was thinking of changing the bumper and/or headlights to the Series 1 style.

I'm just in 2 minds about it. I love the smart, modern, clear look of the C2, but I have to do some work to the bumper anyway as it has damage, so replacing it is just as good. The C1 looks a bit more menacing but the dark lights do look a little dated IMHO.

I therefore have had some fun with Photoshop. Vote in the poll - which do you prefer? (And apologies to whoevers cars I have dismantled! :LOL: )

1) C2 with factory headlights & bumper
544444659_d5ed7828c4.jpg

2) C2 with just C1 headlights
544444757_64a6557c11.jpg

3) C2 with just C1 bumper
544444885_a3aab2f95a.jpg

4) C2 with both C1 bumper & headlights (a C1!)
544348896_cd1f62c468.jpg

(And no being biased just cos you've got a C1 :wink:)

I'm not voting because it's your decision at the end of the day.

You're probably going to get a lot of C1 biased answers because that has always been the general consensus in this club.

It's your car (when you buy it) and it's you who will have to live with it.
All I can recommend to you is to have a long hard look at your excellent photoshop pictures (nice work BTW) and make your own decision. :wink:
Also take into account the work involved as bumpers and headlights can be very expensive.

jezport said:
I like the C1 bumper with the C2 lights

I agree, i much prefer the C1 bumper and i like the C2 lights, but i think the overall view would be that your car is a C1 with the C2 headlight mod :? but you go your own way, its your decision. Swot modding is all about :wink:

Think I mighta found my look...

544639068_9cd8b6bfd5.jpg

Dontcha just love Photoshop :wink:

Cost-wise I would imagine that buying a C1 would be cheaper given the fact that there were so many more of these to begin with. You could then change to the C2 lights if you prefer the smooth flat-chested look rather than the full-bodied C-Cup of the C1.
If you were planning on a V6 rather than the I4 then you'll also possibly save on the road tax too.

With all those savings you could use the money to get a unique interior the way you really want ...

the c1 is the best looking my view :LOL: i don,t like lexus lamps up front it looks natsy me thinks ha your choice mate 8)

I really want the C2 interior though, so I'm a little stuck unless I buy a C1 and then buy a new interior ;)

Got a great deal on a C2 as well... hopefully. Will let you know when it's signed and sealed :roll:

CJSnet said:
I really want the C2 interior though, so I'm a little stuck unless I buy a C1 and then buy a new interior ;)

Got a great deal on a C2 as well... hopefully. Will let you know when it's signed and sealed :roll:
god i know what you mean mate they do look alot better inside mate keep the c2 and change the front end to a c1 ha what a job its whats on the inside that counts mate :LOL: :LOL:

john :twisted:

Regardless of what Manos said, I'm not voting 'cos I had the same choice...C1 or C2?
I went for the C1 because I preferred it, & that's what it's all about,
go for the one YOU prefer.

I bought a C2 on the basis that it was the youngest, lowest mileage car I could find at the time, but I always loved the C1 look too. I think they both look great but in different ways, but I do much prefer the C2 interior - seats especially - even the steering wheel works for me! I'm not sure I like either of the "cross over" looks, it's one or the other for me, but it's just a personal preference, so go with whatever floats your boat :)

Personally id keep it all C2, your version with full C2 spec but an aftermarket grille will give the car your own personal touch! So go for that, but the other ones might make your car look like a bodged repair? or like a cheaply done job or mish mash? If you use a cougar 1 bumper eg... just my opinion at the end of the day!! so do whatever you think you like the look of most (as other people have said)

good luck anyhow!! :)

__chris__ said:
Cost-wise I would imagine that buying a C1 would be cheaper given the fact that there were so many more of these to begin with.
If you were planning on a V6 rather than the I4 then you'll also possibly save on the road tax too.

On the first point I would suggest that the relative exclusivity of the C2 has nothing to do with prices, I would think it more likely that the fact that it is newer would mean that it hasn't depreciated so much as some of the older cougar 1's.

Second point, spot the deliberate mistake!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I think its to do with the cost of road tax changing around 2000 somewhere, although I may be mistaken

Buy the C2 and leave it alone........ :LOL:

Much nicer interior (IMO)
Much nicer headlights (IMO)
Nothing wrong with the front bumper (IMO)

The fact that C2's are rare in my book would be good enough to leave alone.......says me....the owner of the most modified Cougar in Europe ! :LOL: :LOL:

I think around 2000 the road tax started being calculated on emissions rather engine size (may be wrong here). But you do pay more road tax for the C2 despite the slightly smaller CC rating in the revised Duratec. I imagine this also applies to some C1s.. having seen one recently on ebay on a 51 plate :)

I like the C2 :)
If you really want to change, you should buy the wing west kit :twisted: