Carbon Bonnet

I've seen a few on e-bay Al, but they're mostly sold from abroad, which means high shipping costs, unless you can dig around & find a UK supplier.(y)

Possible group buy???

with mods like these, the whole point is to be individual and different. Also even in a group buy, I reckon they'd still be upwards of £600 a piece and then some. Seems aswell that alot of "group buy" suggestions are made too. If we can't get more than 6 cars to the first National Car show of the season to represent our club, I fail to see how at least 10 people are going to commit to something as ludicrous as bulk buying bonnets. Just my opinion, must be getting old.

Well you say that, but we did manage to get people to commit buying Roush bodykits in bulk from abroad.

I'm not suggesting that it wasn't a total ballache though, nor that I'd ever want anything to do with such a group buy again, so overall yes I agree with you, and my hair colour dictates that I use the same reasoning as you claim!

It is the real Kaminari CF bonnet Paul. Jamie, kind of the point I was making in a roundabout manner I suppose. The Roush kits IMO were a different kettle of fish. They were end of line stock, never to be available again and the kind of mod that was subtle enough to suit almost anyone. when I read the suggestion, I had a vision of being at a show next year with 10 Roush Cougars all with that bonnet and to be honest the image bored me. I know that there are those with stickers/graphics, different wheels etc but ultimately it'd be like going to Ford Fair and looking at 40 Fiesta's/Focus' etc. Especially given that the general image conveyed amongst people is that "we" are different to "those" clubs. I could just be having a real off day but that's what I thought!

For me, the essence of modifying is an individuals interpretation of the car they own, my car is awful to some people but that doesn't matter, they have a different interpretation of what it should look like, I always wanted the spoiler from seeing it on the ww website, I also wanted the 4 piece bodykit. The predator bonnet was one I'd seen and liked but never planned to get, I just got lucky. There are mods that I like a lot, the angel eyes are one such mod, I always wanted them before anybody had them but didn't, then once they became commonplace, I didn't want them as I felt I was copying other cars and I wanted to be a little bit more individual.
One point about the cougar clones, I have always bought cars that were just a little different and as a result they were difficult to mod as they weren't the mass produced stuff, My 309GTI, XR4i Cougar etc etc, I liked to take the individuality to another stage by modding the unusual cars. I still like the smug looking audi or bm driver who has a look as they pass you or you pass them, even a 9 year old car leaves them uncertain if they should feel superior or not, that's because my car is a one off and they don't see the same type of car day in and day out.

Good point well made. It's that final sentiment I'm trying to achieve in a fashion. Although the haters will brand me with the "C" word!

I think it's probably falling into the same category as mine, people don't like it but it looks ok on your car!!:devilish::devilish::devilish:

My own answer to your question is that I don't like those spoilers on cars, but certain cars look better than others, if Procomms car didn't have it, it wouldn't be his car and his signature pic wouldn't be the same.:cool:

I like your style Rich/paul/kully ;) I like to be individual (que the "oh do you have a Cougar2" jibes) and this came to a head the other day, stuck in a traffic que because of an accident on the M42 I quickly noticed how individual the Cougar was in the fact that it was the only one on the road, all other choices I could go for were abound in multiples (hell there was two Merc CL's in a row and Audi A4's everywhere) it would be a real shame if all our cars looked the same as Kully said, I remember going to Ford-Fair or someplace like that and there were 20 Focus RS's in a row, all Blue all the same....:oops::whistle:

Yeah does anyone apart from me like my spoiler lol (dont answer is a rhetorical question lol)

i accept your spoiler Paul, i know you R.A.F boys like your big wings and its the closest you will get to commandin one u tea boy