Changes to subscription prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich I have always read your posts on subjects like this as they always contain some good input (dependant on grog intake levels) :LOL:

It wasn't meant to be having a go but there were inconsistancies which is why I brought up the points that I did. As for the last comment in that post, it wasn't wholly directed at you Rob. I am going to stop at that.

Well I'm gonna chuck my tuppence worth in...... whistling..gif

Considering all the hard work and time that the admin and mod teams put into this site - all on a voluntary basis - adding in the social side of things (all the great folk on here that make the site what it is) - also adding in the technical advice that goes with the subscription - an additional £5 over the space of a year is nothing (it wouldn't even buy 20 fags these days). I also subscribe on other forums where the technical sections are free but you must subscribe to access the members area - which is where most of the social side takes place. Running a website will always cost money - particularly one which demands high bandwidth and subscribers will foot the bill for that. I know that the money paid into the site is used for the benefit of all and I don't begrudge for one minute money being set aside for when extra effort is made (such as the last time the site died a death). It's £5 for goodness sake - for a year (which works out around 1.37p a day).

That's my opinion anyway and I'm sticking to it :LOL:

While I'm not criticising this increase of £5, I think gradual increases year on year as opposed to sudden jumps would be more popular with the majority. This is the case at football matches etc in my experience.

In hindsight you are probably right Tom but if we had increased it say a pound a year each year for the last five years there would still have been a thread saying this is the fifth year running we have had an increase of a £1.

Whether I decidedly rightly or wrongly to do it yearly or now in one go it's done now and as stated before i cannot see it being increased for a good while to come.

JJ

£18 a year is still remarkably good value for money, whichever way you look at it, the Stratos Enthusiasts charge £25 a year and thier site is very poor, no forum as we know it, if anyone isn`t happy with the price they can always join a free forum such as .net ... and the they will soon return here when they see what a quality set up we have.

I've had my car lowered, for no more than the price of bacon butties. I've had FREE advice on how to fit things such as my induction kit etc. I've had mod parts supplied and sprayed for me at a FRACTION of the price that any other supplier and paint shop would charge. I've even had led and chrome indicator bulbs kindly sent to me by a club member.....FREE OF CHARGE !!!
I know these are my own experiences by being a subscriber of this club and ok, perhaps not everyone has benifited as i have, but where else would you be able to enjoy such kindness and generosity ?
Apart from getting things free, having mods done and the free advice there's also the friendliness thing too. Sometimes i sign in after having a bad day at work or just generally fed up and there's always something on here that makes me smile. As far as i'm concerned THAT'S PRICELESS !!!

So £5 increase ? £18 a year subscription ? No problem......count me in (y)

well firstly when i joined i was advised to subscribe which i did and it has saved me a shed load of money and time trying to figure things out by myself that someone has already done and kindly posted up on how to do it,also made a good few friends on here which is priceless.fellow members helping out with parts either free or at very reasonable rates and myself also doing the same,so the original £13 a year is nothing i would spend more on a chinese or an indian,so a further £5 or on top isnt going to break the bank.and to be honest this is the onlt site where you will get a response quickly.some other sites you wont even get a response.and it gets on my goat when people complain about this forum and why they have to subscribe as other forums are free,well go use the other forums and see if you can get the same help,make friends and general banter instantly.IF YOU DONT LIKE IT YOU DONT HAVE TO SUBSCRIBE,BUT PLEASE SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE PEOPLE THAT DO SUBSCRIBE TO UKCOUGAR.COM FOR THOSE REASONS.and even as a moderator we also pay the full subscription and donate our time freely,SO HATS OF TO THE LIKE OF BOBSTER(ROB)who spends alot of his time behind the scenes on here sorting all the forum problems out that we wouldnt even think about,AND JJ(jason) for orginizing cougarfest etc and the rest of the admin team for what they do.and all the the members who help each other out free of charge in there own time to help us keep our COUGARS on the road,so stop whinging about an extra fiver

This site cost has cost me an absolute fortune!!!!!!
I think I would have not spent (notice I didn't say saved) anywhere near as much money if I hadn't subscribed.

However. I've saved an absolute mint. In the overall scheme of things. I think the yearly subs probably make up less than 1% of what I've saved over the year.
You can't buy better insurance than that!!!

I for one am not 'whinging' about a fiver, a fiver isn't a lot of money, some burn more than that in tobacco in a day, I was more talking about the percentage rise, since it was explained better, and might I say, in a more lucid manner than has been the case in the past, then I understand why admin deem it necessary to implement the rise the tight (8 letter plural word meaning children born out of wedlock)!!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

due exscuse my whinging rich wasnt aimed at you or anyone in particular just thought i would have a rant to myself today lol

Mmm interesting debate!

As a new subscriber I guess I have the best part of a year to find the extra fiver; my GP and my liver will be very grateful for one fewer bottle of supermarket Shiraz :)

I for one have no problem with the increase, just my insurance alone (via Sky Insurance sub forum) has saved me over £200.

Thanks for all your hard work.

By the way - I host my websites through a company called CyberhostPro - their rates are pretty good - maybe you should take a look if yours is expensive?

http://www.cyberhostpro.com/website-hosting/

[Bandwidth 300GB/Month for £120 a year]

Just a thought :)

It's not just the bandwidth that cost's us a lot dude it's the support etc that it includes (and the lack of any problems!!! *touches wood*)

Glad the site has saved you some money tho!!!.

JJ

i can't believe some people are moaning about the increase.

Personally, i think you should round it up to £20 per annum and afford those who run it a small amount of compensation for their time, dedication and hard work.

I don't think anyone was moaning about it Si they wanted clarification on why it was being increased.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.