Changes to subscription prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh, okay.

well, if people are moaning - then please don't

Maybe some of us support the club at shows that we put our names down for that aren't in our back yards and don't have a fortune sitting around in bank accounts and therefore ask a question that we are perfectly entitled to. We have been to a few this year with both cars and it hasn't been cheap but it has been worth it. Since everything is going up in price but my wages are less than they were three years ago, another item going up prompted me to ask why the percentage rise was so high, it's been clearly explained a few pages ago but you see fit to make a smart arsed comment about it, if you have nothing interesting or factual to add, why bother?

i was just emphasising the value for money is far in advance of the relativelty low cost.

My comment was not actually directed at you, but a general point that people in the past have moaned at there being any kind of subscription, so an increase is bound to raise the debate again.

It was simply my 2p worth that i feel the cost (albeit a large percentage increase) is more than justified, even though i am too am earning 10k a year less than i was 6 years ago.

We are all here for the same reason guy's I have not had a wage increase in four years yet petrol has risen by 25-30p a litre along with rates utilities etc.

It was asked why there is an increase which is as a percentage relatively high not a complaint about it an explanation was given so that people know why it was needed lets leave it there and not get into a bickering with each other.

I took no offence at being asked so no one else should we thought about it for a long time before implementing it to see if we could offset it in another way and couldn't whilst retaining the (hopefully!!) reliability we now have with the site not going offline all the time etc.

JJ

Is it worth at shows and the like to organise some kind of fund raising Jase?

I don't have the answers as to what exactly, but anything to ease the burdon in what ever direction would be of most benefit to the already efficient running of this club.

Thanks

This increase should ensure there are no further problems Si, Fest should and will either fail to happen or support itself although after this year there seems to be a lot of support for it to continue for next year which is why I have started preparations immediately.

JJ

Is it worth at shows and the like to organise some kind of fund raising Jase?

That would probably mean that the same people keep dipping into their pockets and the majority who don't attend shows would contribute nothing. I can see where you are coming from and if we could do something to support the club, even if it's for supporting cougarfest, say to help pay for something extra, I would support it. Until people start to support the club by attending shows, this wouldn't be either viable or particularly fair.

That would probably mean that the same people keep dipping into their pockets and the majority who don't attend shows would contribute nothing. I can see where you are coming from and if we could do something to support the club, even if it's for supporting cougarfest, say to help pay for something extra, I would support it. Until people start to support the club by attending shows, this wouldn't be either viable or particularly fair.

Rich i read all your post with great interest no matter how contravertial they are and agree with most of them tbh. But i'm sorry to say i cannot agree with the above in red. I had every intention of comming to fest this year as some other members did but things change and can and did prevent it. My own personall circumstances were when i put my name down for Fest i was in full time employment. Then i got layed off due to cut backs and a last in first out policy. I applied for literally hundreds of job to no availl. I now have a part time job that brings home £550 a month if i'm lucky. This really did prevent me from attending Cougarfest and i was truly gutted about it !!
Ok i've waffled on a bit about my own reasons but my point is, just because people are unable to attend shows, it certainly doesn't mean they don't support the club.
I log on every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I've given parts to a member and was pleased to do so free of charge. I've contributed to a few collections that have been arranged on the club. All these thing myself and others who are unable to attend shows have done gladly.
Personally i support this club whole heartedly and would do anything that was within my capabilities for any member.

Sorry about my rant Rich but with all due respect mate, i felt that a bit unfair.

i see rich's point to but as nick said sometimes personal circumstances can take over as have with me to,which i wont go into as it cant be posted on an open forum.i know alot of people only come on here for advice which is fair enough when they have subscribed and alot of us come on here for the banter as well.its all swings and roundabouts

I've not read Rich's post like you guys. I see it as if the same say 10 people and cars attend say 8 shows of the year and they give something at each turn out, out of the 300 odd members that we have that is a little unfair. Everyone has situations that change and that can't be avoided but for the mass if people that just plain don't bother or whinge about the shows being too far or too expensive etc how are they positively supporting the club. None of us on here are millionaires, if we were we wouldn't be driving about on 10 year old Fords! The point I think was missed in so much as I'd something like Si's suggestion were to be viable it would need to be put to all members and not just the "regulars" that attend the majority of the shows.

I understand all aspect of the arguments!. I personally can only do shows on Sundays my only day off! but I feel more effort could be made to attend shows for some people logistically it is not possible but for anybody who havn't attended you would seriously enjoy yourselves.
The cameradery is brilliant and you will leave with a better perspective of the people on here some times written post can be taken out of context god knows I'm one of the worst!. But if you meet me you realise I'm definitly a dodgy northern monkey and a baldy speccy ****
I know sometimes people think there is a clique but it isn't the case it's because of this club some of us have made very good friends. Often people we would not even associate or be in the same "circles" as, cross paths and find out actually they are great people.
we've even got our own brief through this forum!
I will say for £18.00 a year it is money well spent.

Rich i read all your post with great interest no matter how contravertial they are and agree with most of them tbh. But i'm sorry to say i cannot agree with the above in red. I had every intention of comming to fest this year as some other members did but things change and can and did prevent it. My own personall circumstances were when i put my name down for Fest i was in full time employment. Then i got layed off due to cut backs and a last in first out policy. I applied for literally hundreds of job to no availl. I now have a part time job that brings home £550 a month if i'm lucky. This really did prevent me from attending Cougarfest and i was truly gutted about it !!
Ok i've waffled on a bit about my own reasons but my point is, just because people are unable to attend shows, it certainly doesn't mean they don't support the club.
I log on every day sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. I've given parts to a member and was pleased to do so free of charge. I've contributed to a few collections that have been arranged on the club. All these thing myself and others who are unable to attend shows have done gladly.
Personally i support this club whole heartedly and would do anything that was within my capabilities for any member.

Sorry about my rant Rich but with all due respect mate, i felt that a bit unfair.

I'm sorry to all those members who's circumstances have taken a turn for the worse, it wasn't intended to have a go at you, sometimes it can't be helped, but if we were to have fund raisers at shows, it'd be the same people paying at the shows, as Kully pointed out, it's the same people who support the club at shows. It says something about the club that a one day event which is pretty much the same every year got a better attendance than Cougarfest, I have attended Harewood 3 years running and if it weren't for meeting the clique, I wouldn't bother because as a spectacle, it's pretty mediocre.
Cougarfest is a yearly event that always happens in june or july, we always work through things so that we can attend, while there can be insurmountable obstacles that prevent some from attending, there have always been a lot that choose not to attend and give many and varied reasons for not doing so. It would be nice to see more people there but having said that, I wouldn't change this years for the all the money in the world.

i for 1 have not been to a show i don't think i ever will but i feel the subs are worth it , I mean what i payed in subs Ive made back by way of getting my car back on the road. i was quoted something like £500 plus inc vat to get it thru mot but mark did it for £240 not to mention all the other stuff and I'm sure everyone else is the same. i cant wait to pay my subs again

You can pay them early if you want Mart!!! Lol nice to see you around again.

I think this is going a little of topic tbh the shows are a separate issue to the subs.

JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.