chunky plastic!

Has anyone found a way of making the plates stick properly (apart from drilling them)?
Mine keep pinging off at the sides and at ?ú80 a set, I don't want to lose one. :nono:

Ok Scott, you convinced me :) but i realised why i like the brick, its because it "frames" the reg plate against the silver, but, i bashed my knee against it once too often so, what do you think?

nobrick1.jpg

nobrick.jpg

Has anyone found a way of making the plates stick properly (apart from drilling them)?
Mine keep pinging off at the sides and at ?ú80 a set, I don't want to lose one. :nono:

Here Rob
I used double sided automotive tape, the same stuff i use on the infill's. The good stuff is expensive, ?ú30+ per roll but the 3m stuff should do the trick just as well, put the tape at the very edges of the plate top and bottom. Be sure to thoroughly clean the back of the plate and the bumper as in my piccy's (y)

?ú80 a set what have u got gold leaf lettering:yikes:. I'm waiting for mine to be delivered but int decided on drilling or sticky yet. Dont try applying them when its to cold. Applying a little gentle heat to the body and sticker can help. U could try heating them up even more and try forming them into a curve but at ?ú80 thats a gamble.:mad5:

i put my new plates on and went for the chrome surround/backing plate must admit that it looks amazing will sort some pics out when i get my new camera unless someone else obliges at trax this weekend........matty!!!!!!!!!

i paid 38 quid off ebay two tone lettering with chrome backing plates/surrounds and a cartoon cougar head on also had a small border put round and mark666 wrote underneath the reg number. an absolute bargain i thought for a full set.

i paid 38 quid off ebay two tone lettering with chrome backing plates/surrounds and a cartoon cougar head on also had a small border put round and mark666 wrote underneath the reg number. an absolute bargain i thought for a full set.

Show us a link Mark, they sound like theyre worth a look :wink5:

the shop on ebay is called cheapest plates they have a number plate builder so you can see what they look like but your better off just phoning the lady who runs the show very helpful. the cougars head isnt the greatest but havnt seen any other cougar with similar maybe you could send her a jpeg image and she could transfer it in for you..

?ú80 a set, the world is going mad! I paid ?ú5 for mine. Standard (legal) lettering for all the characters on the plate except the '2' which I've copied from the st200 badge. The backgrounds are legal too, they have the id of the registered producer still on the back (although he doesn't know he's produced my plates!). The reason I got mine so cheap is coz a m8, works for a graphic design co, they do more or less 100% vynal work, so they produce loads of stuff for no plate suppliers, so he can get the legal backplates and perspex fronts for a fiver a pair and he dont charge me for producing the vynal, due to being a m8. Here's my plate:

20082008440.jpg

I'm searching for cheapest plates and get every number plate on ebay listed, surely one of you guys has either a link to the item you bought or an item number to track from :confused: