compare the engine bays

thanks mikey seems a million miles away though lol.tim if i recieve bolts with this other wishbone iam buying i have 2 spare new ones i will give you not sure if they are the cheaper or the dearer of the 2
mark i started off using old stuff i had laying around,i used old tyre cleaner to get the crud of the plastics,then used old asda car polish to clean the crud of the paint before using meguirs tyre gel on the plastics still to use my autoglym high res polish on the paintowrk though but no point doing that till i have the exterior bodywork done

mark i started off using old stuff i had laying around,i used old tyre cleaner to get the crud of the plastics,then used old asda car polish to clean the crud of the paint before using meguirs tyre gel on the plastics still to use my autoglym high res polish on the paintowrk though but no point doing that till i have the exterior bodywork done
I think I'm gonna have to get round to giving mine a spruce up too Paul, I tend to try me best to keep the bodywork as well looked after as I can, but I'm guilty of neglecting what's under the hood, your post has inspired me to put that right.(y)

if you look at my thread black cat(wip) you will see how far i actually go lol,i stripped the airbox out,bellows,throttlebody,header tank,maff and the imrc cover

Been out under the bonnet for the best part of 3 hours getting this far. Need a bit of advice, once I have done the engine area, what should i use to safely clean the rest of the car. I want to make sure its nothing that drys sticky and was wondering how you all got your pipes clean and in the respective colours. Do i need to re-pipe them or do they just clip over the existing pipes?

Here is my progress so far.

Before

4967865719_f458e76275.jpg

After - Not fully finished the engine cover still got some to go but its a start :)

4979998308_6c17d83e58.jpg

p.s Im a little dissapointed with the overall finish, is there something im not doing right to make it shine the same all over? it looks patchy to me! maybe its just me? did you guys use anything on that im missing here?

Can I ask what you did to the UIM between photo 1 & 2?

Well, I went to Halfords and purchased a steel brush drill attachment. Attached it to my drill, removed the IMRC cover and got to work. Im not really happy with the finish and it seems a bit patchy but it may be the light i dont know. Would really love one of them covers for the UIM that people have. Did i do something wrong. Also want some of those coloured hoses.

:O i just saw your UIM!!! How did you do that!! that looks real nice!! Mine looks pathetic now lol

I'm affraid ours took a lot longer than 3 hours. It was removed (luckily we had a spare to put on) then Rob (my husband) ground down the inside & out then polished it. In all I think he took a month or so on & off to do it but I'm sure you could do it quicker (a couple of weeks in the evenings). As he also did the inside the emissions on the next MOT was fantastic!
You can buy a stainless UIM cover if you don't want the hassle.
As for the hoses, we replaced some of ours with Samco hoses, but you can also use the type that clip over (will look for a link for you!)
Jacqui (Rob's long suffering wife)

Well, I went to Halfords and purchased a steel brush drill attachment. Attached it to my drill, removed the IMRC cover and got to work. Im not really happy with the finish and it seems a bit patchy but it may be the light i dont know. Would really love one of them covers for the UIM that people have. Did i do something wrong. Also want some of those coloured hoses.

:O i just saw your UIM!!! How did you do that!! that looks real nice!! Mine looks pathetic now lol

to get the shine on my engine bay i use GT85 once its clean spray gt85 on and it gives it that showroom finnish

I'm affraid ours took a lot longer than 3 hours. It was removed (luckily we had a spare to put on) then Rob (my husband) ground down the inside & out then polished it. In all I think he took a month or so on & off to do it but I'm sure you could do it quicker (a couple of weeks in the evenings). As he also did the inside the emissions on the next MOT was fantastic!
You can buy a stainless UIM cover if you don't want the hassle.
As for the hoses, we replaced some of ours with Samco hoses, but you can also use the type that clip over (will look for a link for you!)
Jacqui (Rob's long suffering wife)

Thanks Jacqui! :D

Yea it looks really great, I really like the Stainless steel ones actually and will be on the look out for one actually. I think the pipes may be a little harder to find :s anything you find is greatly appreciated.