compare the engine bays

race bits on this site sells the clip over hoses for about 12 quid and there is plenty to do all the engine bay--and in varios colours

you wont get an even finish with the wire brush but its either that or get it mirror polished,use armaroll wipes on the plastics in the bay or something similar

Cheers Paul,

Yea i was beginning to think i may not get an even finish. But it looks a shed load better that before, now just gotta get a smaller drill attachment to get in the cracks and stuff then gonna give it a bit of a polish and see how we get on.

Cheers Paul,

Yea i was beginning to think i may not get an even finish. But it looks a shed load better that before, now just gotta get a smaller drill attachment to get in the cracks and stuff then gonna give it a bit of a polish and see how we get on.

Other than that, paint it. I have seen a few people have done this. You could even paint it silver if you wanted the OEM look.

It takes ages to get it to a stage where it's ready to polish. Not sure Rob would do it again on our other cat, I think that one might end up painted. :)

Jacqui (Robs long suffering wife who's told him that if he decides to grind/smooth/polish another UIM in our living room, he'll be divorced). :oops:

It takes ages to get it to a stage where it's ready to polish. Not sure Rob would do it again on our other cat, I think that one might end up painted. :)

Jacqui (Robs long suffering wife who's told him that if he decides to grind/smooth/polish another UIM in our living room, he'll be divorced). :oops:

Dedication :D

Think it may have to get painted then. Something to do when i get back from the states i think, got things on this week and fly out friday so not gonna get a huge amount done on the engine bay this week. Got new alloys and a sub being sorted tomorrow :D

powder coat is good and a little more hard wearing have a couple in the workshop that have been sprayed and one i have put on my car this week will let you know if it stands up to the heat lol

powder coat is good and a little more hard wearing have a couple in the workshop that have been sprayed and one i have put on my car this week will let you know if it stands up to the heat lol

Ok mate, sounds good. How can you paint it when its on the engine? just thinking about the wires and cables underneath the UIM cover.

i have 2 in work shop and when you paint all you have to do is remove th vac pipes ,throtel bodie pipe from under tha the pipe at rear lower 6x bolts wire on idle valve and vac unit at rear,and that takes about an hour re fit about 45 minutes