Cougar S Weekend Refurb

I never knew using wet & dry could be so time consuming and tiring!!!!

15 minutes of scrubbing, and I have done approximately 1/3 of one of the rear light clusters, I have another 2 grades of grit to go after this one!!!!!

I never knew using wet & dry could be so time consuming and tiring!!!!

15 minutes of scrubbing, and I have done approximately 1/3 of one of the rear light clusters, I have another 2 grades of grit to go after this one!!!!!

What are you doing to them?

Where I had the car resprayed (and baked in the process) the lacquer I had on the smoked lights peeled off in places.

As a result, I am having to take the lacquer off the lights completely and trying to regain a glass finish.

I've never properly used wet & dry before, it is proving tiring, but oddly enough quite educational as well, learning how to properly use it as I go along.

Might need some 3000 grit at the end and that finishing stuff Paul was using for his, I'll have to look to see what it was.

So close to finishing the car now... I can smell the victory it is so close!

I bought some "E marked" black tinted lights off ebay unfortunately the "e mark" was on before the dipstick sprayed them jet black, they wouldn't let any light through so I stripped them with thinners. Wouldn't that be a better option? I soaked kitchen towel in thinners and layed it on the lights for a few seconds until the paint bubbled, was certainly a lot easier than sanding.

To be fair, normal lights without an extra layer of lacquer on top would not be affected by the baking process.

Getting there with rubbing the lights down, arms are aching now!

Rich - good idea, i managed to peel/lift most of the lacquer off the other light, you saved me a few hours!

I bet the car looks great now Rod

You still gonna sell or keep it now ?

Did you manage to dig out the Dealer Details..(My Melina Blue V6 has a similar Reg if you remember ?)

Cheers
Simon

Simon,

It may have taken me almost a year, but after clearing out my Kirsty's mum's loft, I finally found the manual!!!!

It was purchased at;

Gates of Stortford
295-297 Stanstead Road
Bishop's Stortford
Herts
CM23 2BU

I do not know if the telephone number is still active, but try 01799 501485, they will probably still have your car on records if the sold it from there.

Good Luck!!
Roderick