Cougar Spotting

Spotted a stunning Ebony this afternoon in Beach Road, Hemsby, NR29 heading away from the beach. Index number looked familiar, but we were outside the bakery and then heading for the beach.

Looks like its yours David` of Norwich ! There are two melinas about 1/2 mile away and a frosty in Martham on your way home ! Pleasant afternoon with plenty of sunshine and a few spots of rain. People were being pretty reasonable and not too many on the beach. Sorry, I digress, but visit us again soon...

That was meee! We had a spontaneous trip to Hemsby, lovely day out. Quite a lot was open (except the toilets!) And loads of space on the beach, perfect for a little walk. I thought of you on the drive back actually - should have let you know!

I'm not sure that's a Cougar.

Early ones had retractable light covers, and even if it was parked with them open (they tend to sag after a while, too) they all had twin lights up front back then. They also all had a protruding centre-piece to the grilles.

Unless the resolution of the picture is tricking me, that looks more like a Plymoth Duster.

I was quite certain at the time, resembled a Mustang but full-width grill;
The side profile matches the Cougar body, but may match others.
The stylists updated the front annually and what you say is true for most years 1967-1971 but less apparent on some.

No doubt about this one.
About an hour ago, taking the kids to their mum's, entered their village past Wisbech, found somewhere convenient to turn round for this:
1290318.jpg
1290317.jpg
The owner from Peterborough, visiting a relative and journeyed in that car because the wife's was low on fuel.

Last edited:
Yes they are. But given the scale of what Google is doing, and their dependency on machine learning, it's not surprising that many of them fall through.

After all, if we still expect Captchas to work - and apparently we do - that must mean that 'bots are nowhere near perfect at catching letter/number sequences yet. And so here we are.

And you can of course appeal to them directly to censor your car/house if you really want to. Or like me, just live somewhere impossibly obscure!

We appear on satellite but last time I checked street view was of our road being a field. It’s only 8 years or so out of date but I ain’t disappointed I know what my house looks like. Previous houses / number plates are obscured though.