Cougar Spotting

Didn't know the Melina came in two tone paint lol!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reminds me of the R08 (Mk2) Rover 200 with the "Grandad Grey" plastic cladding which looked like total ass if you went anywhere near it with a bottle of polish.

See also: Ford KA and pre-facelift MkIV Fiesta

Reactions: WildV6
I had one of those - the paintwork was beige. I don't know if that made it better or worse😂

Probably better since you could claim to have been driving it ironically. Fit one of those racing decals on the pax side "Hyacinth - (O-) -GB"

A glassed and resprayed one for anyone wondering what the heck we're talking about:

G6F8Ndx.jpg

I still think that was a classy looking small saloon but boy did BL Rover use lots of crap shades of beige back then.
The MOD used to run a fleet of Metro vans in similar unattractive shades.

Back in 6th Form, friend's mum had a metallic grey 213 (the Honda engined one) he used to borrow and drive - one night on a trip to the local snooker hall the cambelt snapped. Think it was swiftly traded in.

Back in 6th Form, friend's mum had a metallic grey 213 (the Honda engined one) he used to borrow and drive - one night on a trip to the local snooker hall the cambelt snapped. Think it was swiftly traded in.

Non-interference engine, so sholdn't have fonr any major damage.

As a bonus, he probably didn't notice the drop in power either.