• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

CougarFest 2014

Can't remember who I was talking to about it but people at Fest 2014 will know this tune and I was right about the ad that it was used on too, loved it when it was an album track and still love it now.

http://youtu.be/ZnurdZPBn-s

It was great to see a few old friends and acquaintances again as well as meeting a few I'd never met previously. I'll admit I couldn't really be bothered when we set off as I was tired after a sweltering hot (for a jock) day at Duxford but am glad I did.

I hope you all had a nice time :)

We got home around 6:30ish after a stop for shopping on the way home.

What a weekend - and the weather turned out brilliant in the end despite a couple of showers on the Sunday morning. Great times, lots of laughs, meat, booze. We had a cracking time as usual ;)

First and foremost, huge thanks have to go to Andy for once more arranging a great weekend after bringing Fest back from the brink last year (y)

Thanks to Steve for the BBQ duties on the Friday and Saturday nights - much appreciated by all (y)

Thanks to Dick for supplying various Scottish delicacies (Haggis, Fruit Pudding and "square sausage"!). Your butcher must love you! :LOL:

And also thanks to the Sunday night crew for the extra BBQ ;)

Thanks must also go to resident UKC DJ RichB for supplying the musical entertainment. We had a record two ASBOs issued this year - one each for messers Rich and Steve :LOL:

Glad to hear that the Sunday night club is catching on a bit - though must keep quiet about it or everyone will want to stay the extra night! :rolleyes:

Didn't take too many pics - we had a couple of togs for that and I'm sure they will post them in due course. I got a couple of vids which I will post though - be afraid. Very afraid! :LOL:

Roll on Fest 2015 :beer:

I arrived home at 7.00pm after a leisurely drive up the road. Only problem was at the start of the M1 junction 18, after that it was plain sailing. Got spotted on the M1 by Andrew Gordon who posted it on Faceache. I am surprised that is only the first or second time I have been spotted anywhere with the amount of travelling I do.

Anyway, Fest was again brilliant, the weather was great apart from the wet Saturday evening and Sunday morning, lots good food, drink and excellent company as well. It was nice to see a couple of Fest Virgins there as well, namely Chris (MAKO) and Andy Martin who convoyed down with us part of the way before we all got split up in the horrendous traffic on Friday.

A massive thanks to Andy once again for his organisational skills, everything ran as smooth as p****it once again and as John said previously a massive thanks to Steve for the barbeque and for cooking for most of us. Thanks also goes out to Mo for her fantastic Nyama Choma which was delicious as usual.

Just sitting around the BBQ's having some food, some drink and a good bit of banter while listening to music all ads up to prove that this is not just a car forum, but, more like a big happy family, well mostly. I travel 400 miles each way to be part of Fest and I would not miss it for anything.

Thanks to everyone who attended and made my weekend.

Late reply but with good reason. We arrived home about 4.30 yesterday afternoon. In absolute agony after dislodging a shoulder ligament and pulling a chest muscle. Sitting here typing this, dosed up with co-codamol for pain relief.
Anyway, back to fest, and what a brilliant event it turned out to be once again. Thanks to everyone who helped to make this occasion what it is.
We had a few new "sunday nighters" and it all added to the fun and privelidge of just being there, i was even able to get a few drinkies down my neck, especially Saturday night.
Rich, you can't sing mate, but the several renditions of the "blank..........expression" was brilliant to see :).
We also had the "Chris Adams award" presentation this year and it went to another worthy recipient in Chris aka Mako who was slightly shocked/bemused/surprised to say the least, well done Chris, a very proud holder of the award for another 12 months (y)
All the usual antics for fest ie: the dismantling and re-assembly of "other peoples cars", some drinkies and BBQ at night thanks to Steve and Rich and Ria.
Thanks to Dar for resuing the bed situation/fiasco. We managed to put the single airbed in the car, Dar had a spare double so we did a swap for the weekend, then Manos and Mo's double had a puncture so our single ended up with them, crazy weekend.
Both myself and Vonny enjoyed every minute, which has been the norm since my first fest back in 07, i just hope i never get too old to do this, what more could you ask for: a group of great people gathered together in the middle of a field for the weekend to do the full range of social activities which is COUGARFEST. :cool::cool::cool:

Rich, you can't sing mate, but the several renditions of the "blank..........expression" was brilliant to see :).

I know I can't sing Al, that's why I tend to turn the music up loud, then I sound great! We both had fun singing badly but the video evidence is scary!

Next time after some :beer:

Maybe we should :censored:

Thank you all for a great weekend. Only a few people know that I had some serious stuff to deal with last week and I wasn't going to go at all. Glad I did :) Needed to let off some steam even though I did get eaten alive and am now laid up for a few days.

Is there a date for next year? :) (y)

I realise this is a bit late but the sentiments hold true non the less.

Many thanks to everyone who travelled from near and far to make this year's 'fest such a success.

It was a pleasure to spend some quality time relaxing in the company of friends old and new.

Special mentions must go to; Steve Morris for providing the barbeque and for cooking for us on both Friday and Saturday nights, to Mo for the wonderful goat curry and the cheesecake and to Emma for the ginger cake.

Here's to next year whenever or wherever it may be? (y)

'Fest why's and wherefore's discussion is now here:
https://forums.ukcougar.club/threads/26761-Fest-14-The-Shakedown

Last edited:
Well said Andy - I loved Fest even more this year

For the guys reading this who've never been, please do come along for a fantastic weekend with great people, you won't regret it, and I'll even flip you a burger :)

fest2015_zps9d10eb9b.jpg

Well said Andy - I loved Fest even more this year

For the guys reading this who've never been, please do come along for a fantastic weekend with great people, you won't regret it, and I'll even flip you a burger :)

......and make sure you get there early so as not to miss the 'Greatest Tent Show on Earth'. :) ;)