• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

CougarFest 2016 Attendance Thread.

Just as an aside...

I know we joke about it, but the idea of (temporary) self-sufficiency is really appealing to me. I might still be dependent on other people supplying food, power and clean water, but I love the illusion of independence that we have, living in a field.

We're not getting back to nature, but we're at least playing at it. As someone who has spent his adult life making sure that he has bricks and mortar around his ass, I love Fest for this.

So there you go.

Just as an aside...

I know we joke about it, but the idea of (temporary) self-sufficiency is really appealing to me. I might still be dependent on other people supplying food, power and clean water, but I love the illusion of independence that we have, living in a field.

We're not getting back to nature, but we're at least playing at it. As someone who has spent his adult life making sure that he has bricks and mortar around his ass, I love Fest for this.

So there you go.
I can teach you how to purify water or make snares if you fancy some BBQ field mouse or squirrel :LOL:

I'll be contacting my bro lata to see if he has my aqua roll as that holds about 40 litres I think. Don't want to contact him as I don't to encourage him to be using his mobile while driving.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

I can teach you how to purify water or make snares if you fancy some BBQ field mouse or squirrel :LOL:

Off topic, but my only regret at not having any military service is that there's a whole load of interesting life skills that I feel I've missed out on.

Anyway, I'll be bringing a 20L water bag, and thanks to Frankie, I'm good for rodents, ta!

This is a painful post for me. As most of you are aware, i have attended every fest since 2007 but this year due to medical circumstances i have no alternative but to miss out. I hate the thought of not being there again with you guys but i know you will all make the best of what is always a brilliant weekend.

This is a painful post for me. As most of you are aware, i have attended every fest since 2007 but this year due to medical circumstances i have no alternative but to miss out. I hate the thought of not being there again with you guys but i know you will all make the best of what is always a brilliant weekend.

Sad to hear your news Al, you will be missed, but we all understand. Sending you loads of get well wishes from me, Rach and Benson. Hope to see you again soon at another meet. In the meantime, just take care of you. We'll toast you on our first night, as well as those who cannot be with us.

Last edited:

I am absolutely devestated that you won't be there. And I mean that literally because I really wanted to see you and Vonny.

You are the most welcoming of people. You're the first person from this club that I interacted with in person, and we worked out that SRS problem together. You're also the most forgiving of my stupidity and indescretions. I hail you, sir.

I wish you well and I hope you can make it to future meets.

Either way, I remain your respectful and grateful friend, Al.

Al if you need anything at all mate just shout hope you are fit again asap.

I won't know till friday exactly how much time i'll be able to spend either due to work but will do my best.

Take it easy Al, shame you and vonny can't make it. You will be missed. See you next time on the next outing x

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk