Extreme Cougar modding Day!

K

KingRoderick

I FINALLY got round to cutting the rear arches out of my cougar-S kit the other day after putitnghte job off for a good 3 years!

It was a job the old body kit company should have done, but never did and eventually folded, so had to do it myself.

I was terrified of slipping and cutting through the body kit/my arteries.

Please exucuse the horrid clothes, they were necesary after setting fire to my hair and burning my arms!

IMG_0588.jpg

Extereme modding? Maybe not, but terrifying for an angle grinder first timer!

Whats everyone else been up to so far this year?

Last edited:
For a first timer with the grinder, you got guts Rod, i'll give you that, especially with so much plastic in such close proximity :yikes:
Top marks matey, hope it all goes well.
Ive done nothing much so far, apart from collecting the stuff i need to get my roush kit done.
Oh and my PiperX cone filter is currently draining into the kitchen sink after a clean.

Nice hat btw :LOL:

I see it doesnt take long to develop the "grinder face"..mouth shut tight to stop sparks sticking to the lips lol..did you get one up the nose yet?

I see it doesnt take long to develop the "grinder face"..mouth shut tight to stop sparks sticking to the lips lol..did you get one up the nose yet?

Puts a completely new light on the meaning of life and the whole wide world and universe when you get one up there, thni thni thni, and dont it smell funny :ihih:

Also, as a welder by trade i soon learned to not weld with my head on its side..get a spark deep in the lug for an unforgetable experience of crackling agony. I got one lodged in there when i was an apprentice..2 days later i was in hospital with a nurse pressing at the side of my swollen head till there was a pop and the ball of metal dropped into a dish along with a flood of pus and blood..sorry but i like to share.:smile5:

Well, spent the afternoon pushing on with the car.

Had to hack out any excess expanding foam. Sensible option; using craft knife, carefully remove any excess. Rods method - use angle grinder!

Anyway, the arches now look like this now;

20012009330.jpg

20012009331.jpg

(Note the wheels of steel in the background ;))

Then I realised the arch liners were too big accouting for the smaller original arches, so had to hack that back too. Sensible option - remove liner, carefully trim, then replace. Rod option - use angle grinder. :ihih:

Then I got to put something back that has been missibng for 2 or so years, my lovely 38mm spacers! Yay!

20012009332.jpg

The wheels are now back on the wagon!

20012009333.jpg

I was runnign out of time/light, otherwise I would have given the calipers a shine up and a coat of hammerite red. Oh well!

Next problem to solve - the handbrake is seized! Horray! Forgot to take it off over the winter! D'OH! I wonder if I can use the angle grinder on that too???!