• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

FEST '08 location and dates

V6SINGH said:
we are one of only a handful of car clubs/organisations with cars and drivers less than 150 years old(with the exception of Robbo!! :LOL: :LOL: ),

Hey, what the f..... you cheeky little whipper snapper... I`m only 149 :evil:

phil robbo said:
V6SINGH said:
we are one of only a handful of car clubs/organisations with cars and drivers less than 150 years old(with the exception of Robbo!! :LOL: :LOL: ),

this also includes the age of the car, so in total Phil it's 156 for you!! :roll: :roll:

sorry Phil, your membership has to be revoked!! :twisted:

not to worry, i'l take Di to next years fest, i'l let her know :wink:

angelman said:
phil robbo said:
V6SINGH said:

this also includes the age of the car, so in total Phil it's 156 for you!! :roll: :roll:

sorry Phil, your membership has to be revoked!! :twisted:

not to worry, i'l take Di to next years fest, i'l let her know :wink:

mmm... the list for next years mowing downfest is still growing :wink:

I'm NOT starting the 'weather reports' just yet!! :LOL:

"WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED
THIS YEAR, IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU THAT
WE'VE BEEN INVITED BACK."

THANK YOU.

(If there's anything I can do Jas/Matt, just ask).

cougar571 said:

THANK YOU.

I'd second that the behaviour was superb from everyone and the guys on the gate had made a comment to the event organiser saying how nice and polite we were.

alanpollard said:
jason j said:
no we can't have a smaller field the license for entertainment disco etc is only valid on the field we used this year.

Also the main reason for using billing again is we have been invited back for next year so should have none of the troubles from this year or last causing us any hassles.

There will be a lot more organisation to next year with regards to layout etc, but without the rigid schedule of last year as everyone seemed to enjoy this year a lot more.

Bloody hell! Who slept with who? :eek: :LOL:

you so don't want to know. :evil:

cougar571 said:

THANK YOU.

I think that maybe our loyalty/stupidity to carry on with the meeting and not whimp out, like the other car meets that were scheduled to attend on the same weekend, had something to do with it. :LOL:

Stewart said:
I think that maybe our loyalty/stupidity to carry on with the meeting and not whimp out, like the other car meets that were scheduled to attend on the same weekend, had something to do with it. :LOL:
IMHO everything surrounding the weekend added up to a responsible group
of car enthusiasts, having a good time WITHOUT causing ANY problems what-so-ever.

Every situation was dealt with correctly, from stopping people 'gate crashing'
our marquee, to the chav's in the next field that were "Goin' to key some of the cars."

The music, although loud, was turned off at the hour stated, & every one was
polite towards the Aquadrome staff, no matter how difficult they made it at times.

As Stewart has mentioned above, the only money they took that weekend came
from 'UKCOUGAR' & that has GOT to be a huge plus point.

Regardless of the reasons, we have been asked to attend again, let's make
next years BIGGER & BETTER!!!!! :LOL: :LOL:

(Of course the fact that there was no-one in the adjoining fields to complain probably helped!!!)

Finally, I say again...."WELL DONE EVERYBODY!!" 8) :LOL:

This is good news, i might even make the whole weekend this time if the weather is fine... :oops: ulp! thats gona torn it.....freak tornado any one?

:LOL:

WE ARE a nice bunch of people, No burn outs (Except the BBQ), doughnuts (except the jam&Sugar versions), and no iritating music overload (unless I put the "cheese" CD on) :LOL:

Just remember the 1st cougarfest we had with the 30+ car line-up now that was GOOD! 8)

This all sounds like a real hoot and look forward to attending next year, still have a few bits i want to do to car first.
So it gives me a little time i guess!

Mark

It's been late June the last two years. Costs depend on what we want there....

You have to pay ?ú13/night per car for the use of Billing Aquadrome, plus the money to the club to pay for the entertainment/BBQ and fridge hire etc.

Refer to the 2007 essential details for this year's costs...

PAYMENTS ON THE GATE ARE PER CAR PER NIGHT THE AMOUNT IS ?ú13(ONE PERSON OR 4 MAKES NO DIFFERENCE) WE HAVE NO CONTROL OF THIS AMOUNT.

SO IF YOU STAY FRIDAY TO SUNDAY THE TOTAL ON THE GATE IS ?ú26 (AGAIN REGARDLESS OF PASSENGERS).

AMOUNT PAYABLE TO THE CLUB WHICH IS TO COVER MARQUEE,DJ AND FRIDGE/BBQ HIRE IS ?ú17 PER DRIVER FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND IF YOU ONLY COME ONE DAY IT IS YOUR CHOICE THE AMOUNT PAYABLE IS THE SAME.

PASSENGERS ARE ?ú8 EACH AGAIN WHETHER FOR ONE DAY OR THE WHOLE WEEKEND

IS THE ?ú8 PASSANGER FEE FOR FRIDGE AND BBQ?

Procomm said:
PAYMENTS ON THE GATE ARE PER CAR PER NIGHT THE AMOUNT IS ?ú13(ONE PERSON OR 4 MAKES NO DIFFERENCE) WE HAVE NO CONTROL OF THIS AMOUNT.

SO IF YOU STAY FRIDAY TO SUNDAY THE TOTAL ON THE GATE IS ?ú26 (AGAIN REGARDLESS OF PASSENGERS).

AMOUNT PAYABLE TO THE CLUB WHICH IS TO COVER MARQUEE,DJ AND FRIDGE/BBQ HIRE IS ?ú17 PER DRIVER FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND IF YOU ONLY COME ONE DAY IT IS YOUR CHOICE THE AMOUNT PAYABLE IS THE SAME.

PASSENGERS ARE ?ú8 EACH AGAIN WHETHER FOR ONE DAY OR THE WHOLE WEEKEND

IS THE ?ú8 PASSANGER FEE FOR FRIDGE AND BBQ?

Yes, and the DJ etc. There is a kitty of squash and some food etc in the fridges out of this money too :wink:

There's some beer supplied - but if you check out the thread entitled "Fuel consumption" in this section you'll see the quantities - err - "required" so members do contribute lots extra too.

It's not a strict BYO, it's more a case of "if you turn up emtpy handed and eat/drink everyone elses' stuff all weekend and give nothing back you'll start to p*** people off" :LOL:

Just a bit of common sense really. There certainly is some supplied - basically whatever change is left from the ticket costs once the other stuff is paid for goes to buy food and drink. :wink: