• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

'Fest the after banter

We got back home around 3pm this afternoon and Kathy has gone to bed for a nap - shattered!

What a fantastic weekend and our best Fest so far. At first, on arrival at Grendon, we thought it had been cancelled as the field was empty - only to find a line of shiny Cougars next to the lake on the way to the Club House to sign in. After a 10 hour drive from Cornwall :eek: we got the tent up then cracked a beer and joined the fun. The Friday night was a bit messy to say the least (photographic evidence to follow).

The pitch by the lake was simply awesome, fantastic views with the bacon butties in the morning and gorgeous sunsets. The facilities at the club house were much nicer too than the bogs we usually have to deal with :sick:

We had a fantastic time and the decision to stay on an extra night was a good one as a few 'Festers' got to relax and reflect on the weekend as a whole (and have a quiet drink and a chat while recovering from sunburn during the day) :beer:

Have to take my hat off to JJ for organising it all and for getting the pitch by the lake (we have got to return there for Fest '13) (y)

Thanks to Rich and Ria for the cake, the barbequeing duties and the entertainment too :LOL:

You had to be there - the best Fest we have been to so far. It was so chilled and full of banter and laughs. Roll on next year (y)

Discussions have already been had provisionally about the lakeside pitch again.

It was just fantastic seeing everyone again with the location we had and the weather which after two months of terrible weather and 7 days before Fest was due to happen the whole site evacuated (400 or so people) and even on the way down from Alans which was 100 miles it rained constantly bar the last ten miles to Grendon it ended up being perfect for me.

JJ

Fantastic news on the job dude, I really feel your pain after 8 months without one.

JJ

yeah jj its ok it will do for now and the guys and gals there are good great people, its a stop gap while i train for a hackney licence ive sent the crb check in and i got the dsa test to book then later in 8 weeks time the road test and routes.
i neeeeed some independance so i can organise my life lol.

and the job centre? bloody hell aweful after 15 years at one company and elsewhere before that they talk to you like you have NEVER done a stroke of work in your life.
its very weird... we got bouncers on the door at this job centre as well incredible, never seen that before still cant figure that one lol
:LOL:

I never like leaving and saying all those long goodbye's, but this fest was especially painfull. What an absolutely fantastic weekend. I couldn't wish to be with such a great bunch of guys. The only place in the world this weekend was on the shores of Grendon Lake with UKCOUGAR.COM. We spent the final extra day just chillin on the shore, having a chat, and sharing a few drinks and remarking on what a brilliant weekend we've just had. No doubt theres a lot of stuff being fed back from this fest, so i'm going to sort some piccies and a couple of weird vid clips :eek: to post.
Oh, and i was "spotted" on the way home. (y)

The spirit of Cougarfest has been there from the beginning, from the first in 2005 to the latest in 2012, I remember little bits from every one of them and have come away from all of them with a warm feeling, numbers have never been prolific but for what we lack in numbers, we have always made up for in the quality of the company.
We were going to miss Cougarfest and the Modified Nationals this year, it's easy to sit through the cold and wet winter/spring months and forget what this weekend means to us, we made the decision that for what the two shows cost, we could get a week away in Ibiza. The decision was made and we booked the holiday in addition to our usual fortnight away. Within a week of booking Ibiza, we were both thinking of what it would actually feel like to miss the two weekends and realised that we couldn't, so we decided we would do both weekends, it's not cheap to shift two cougars across the country, but as I said last year, worth every penny.
Having had the experience this weekend, we are both glad that we did too, I loved the location, to unzip your tent in the morning and be confronted with the view of 3 swans gliding past on a lake was brilliant, I loved the Swans mugging me for bread on Sunday, the Damsel flies were stunning too.
I thought it was nice to see Dick again, he always makes the effort, his petrol bill must be eye watering, it was great to meet Ali too, had some laughs with him on Saturday night, credit to both of them for a big effort.
We couldn't have spent the weekend with a finer bunch of people and every one of you helped enrich our experience during a fantastic weekend. Also a decision has been made about Rias car, we are going to put it in for an MOT in september and see what happens, if there's nothing major, then who knows? Maybe we'll be bringing two Cougars to fest next year too.

What a fantastic weekend I had !!

Left at 6.20am on monday after being locked in for over an hour and a half and the gate guy not hearing the 32 calls I made to his phone !!!! Got home at 2pm with only a brief stop for a splash and dash.

First a big thank you to EVERYBODY for giving me such a warm welcome, I was really made to feel at home and " part of it ".

Thanks to Jase and all who organised the event. Thank you Mo for the curried goat, I had always seen that as one of the fest traditions and it certainly didn't disappoint, To Ria and Rich thank you for the cake and letting me have the honour of cutting it. To everybody who took the time to answer my questions and show me their cars, I thank you all !!!

I've come away with so many memories, new friends and lots of ideas, tips and hints.

Back to work yesterday with a bump, and all I could think about was sitting beside the lake with the sun beating down...........Happy days !!!!

Once again a huge thank to everybody, look forward to Blackpool next !!!(y)

Wicked!! what an awesome weekend,, Thought we were in for a repeat of "aquafest" at `Billing` when we lost the `A1` in the heaviest rain I have driven through in years on the way to `Grendon`, but the sun came out and we set up the tent in record time, (just in case!). What can I say, 2012 was the best yet. Fun, relaxation, a chance to chat & catch up with cougarites, old & new. Lots of laughs, lots of cake, and a run in with a giant (verywet) banana!! . `RichB` if you have the photos let me know!.
Hornet sends thanks to you guys.
Chris sends thanks to you guys.
Darryl & Rebecca, my two kids send massive thanks for what they classed as an awesome weekend. They are already planning for 2013, which includes strange stuff like Rear spoilers, Tinted windows, Rear light covers and a Massive stereo system complete with ground lighting. (thanks modders!!)
Seriously, this has been the best weekend I have had in 2012 so far.
Long live the sound of the cougar!! Possibly now an endangered species?
All the best to all of you, Hornet, Chris, Darryl & Rebecca.

Well it's only fitting that the sunshine has gone (here at least it's back to heavy rain) cannot believe how lucky we were with the fantastic sunshine we had. Seems like Fest was forever ago already :(

JJ

I know what you mean is it only a week ago. We definatly got a break with the weather . Book the weather in advance for next year dude.

Still warm in the midlands, rain is coming tomorrow they reckon but I don't care as long as Monday is fine lol fitting that stereo I got off Kully and washing the cars prior to our holiday next week

Well I know it seems a while ago... but haven't been on the forum after Fest until Now...
Just wanted to say a Huge Thank you to everyone involved with Fest 2012.... Its only my 2nd Fest - but they get better every year.. and I was very pleased to bring my own Cat to this one... ;)
Had such a great time... Fantastic pitch by the lake - Fantastic Friends (old and new) - great laughs... - great BBQ - Great Cake - Great Curried Goat.... - Great weather..... I'm sure there are loads of other Greats.....
All In all an Amazing weekend... and can't wait for next years....
Thank you to everyone there who made my weekend so special... (y)
Finally a Huge Thank you to JJ for making Non-Fest Happen this year!!!! :)
Bring on Fest 2013!!!!!