Few pics of my snowed under cougar...

I

icermanz

Few pics of my snowed under cougar in south london. The thickest snow iv ever seen in my life! No work for me today :dita:

Feel free to add pics of your snowy cougar.

DSC01369.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

DSC01370.jpg

Pah.

A few inches of snow and the south of England is shut.

I hope nobody from Scandinavia sees British news. It's embarrassing!

Its true lol. How places like siberia, iceland all run their airports and transport services 100% normal is madness. We need to take a leaf out of their book i think.

But yeah south east of england has it bad at the moment i would say easily 6-7 inches of snow here, something were not use to down in south. Rest of country going to get it tonight though.

Looks great over there. Seen a few pictures on GMTV this morning, very cold here and the rain that fell last night has frozen to the car.

You dont fancy working on your car then.

Looks great over there. Seen a few pictures on GMTV this morning, very cold here and the rain that fell last night has frozen to the car.

You dont fancy working on your car then.

Afraid not lol. I was planning to get my sub and amp in this wknd but was waiting on a wiring kit, which is def not gonna come now with this weather, and even if it did too cold lol.

I have to drive from Chichester to Farnborough and it only took me an exytra 30 mins........yet when I get here, all my work colleages that only live 20 - 30 mins away haven't made it in !!!! :eek:ut:

If you drive slowly and safely then I just dont know what the prob is.

Mind you, couldn't get into a parking space at work as they were all buried 1ft deep in snow so I just took a run up and drove into a big snow bank and left it there !!! :LOL:

My poor traction control was smoking!

Anyhow, all fun and games and as usual, a complete embaresment to other more colder European Nations.

Whilst I am having a rant, I wonder if all my friends that think I am mad for not beleiving in global warming will still think I am mad?

GLOBAL WARMING??.....MY ARSE! :LOL:

Lol you sound like you had fun shagmonkey haha. But yeah its true though once you drive slow around 20mph or less you should be ok, and use appropiate gears and a very light foot.

Pah.

A few inches of snow and the south of England is shut.

I hope nobody from Scandinavia sees British news. It's embarrassing!

I totally agree with Jamie here, a couple of inches of snow and the molly coddled country stops. Impressive pictures though icermanz.
At the risk of showing my age now, i think this probably is new to this and probably the last generation, but it certainly isn't new to this country. I suppose its too bad for the kids to get to school as well. Where are all the Chelsea tractors?
I suppose its just another sign of the times :rolleyes5:

when i was over in Germany it was a lot worse than this and there were never any problems then.... just waiting to be told the school is going to be shut:eek:ut:

I had the same amount of snow in essex and went in. My van has no TC and i had no problems. Took 10 minutes to get the snow off thou. I am running home early thou to beat the worst of the snow 2night.

I`m sure older members like myself, Alan, Mike, Rich K etc will remember the late 50`s to early 60`s, we used to get snow for weeks on end, deep snow as well, there used to be gangs of council workers shovelling the snow off the roads & footpaths and piling it at the kerb, now we get a covering of snow and the whole place grinds to a halt, as others have said Scandanavian countries must think we are soft.
If we have a bit of a warm summer it is also panic stations.

I took the 2wd car along the back roads to work this morning just to prove a point :LOL:

Last winter I took the MX-5 everywhere in snow because it was a bit safer IMO. Sure you can swap ends if you're inept but you can feel everything before that so it never happened. I did have problems getting up the hill out of the housing estate though, which they never grit or plow.

I would have taken the Jaguar this morning but I didn't believe the weather forecasts so I filled up the old Rover instead... never mind. I managed for years without 4 wheel drive so I'll manage this week. The Jaguar is great fun in the snow though :LOL: It mostly handles like the RWD Mazda except you don't need to back off the loud pedal when going sideways - it just drifts nicely.

Last time it snowed I tried to see if I could drift it from a corner of the beach esplanade 800 yards or so to the traffic lights at the end, since the road was empty. I got about 600 before I decided to stop fannying about :LOL:

You have to laugh don't you :LOL:
I love the obvious remarks like "Oh look! it's snowing!"
and "by eck it's cold"
and "it's still snowing" :confused: :mad2::mad2: :LOL:

Yes Phil, i do remember walking to school, 1963 and snow piled 3ft high at the sides of the roads, and signs of that snow were still there in April of that year.

Great days :D

intit code aat theya!

Oh yeah, and we actually had to "WALK" to school :LOL: and the old caretaker was always there before the teachers, getting the boiler stoked up to warm the classrooms. I remember on more than one occasion, the boiler packing up, and we (all the children) had to sit in lessons with our coats on. The really crazy thing is, i don't remember anyone complaining, we seemed to take it in our stride :confused:

Us youger ones want it all through, to cold or to hot any excuse for not working, and what do you mean WALK/WALKING to school nobody walks to school anymore most of em have a ride to school. We get to learn on computers and also get to take calculators into exams instead of using that old piece of slate and chalk from days gone by.