Fitting "Vicky" Pollards Anti-Roll Bar @ Stewarts

ginja

Well-known user
Sep 20, 2004
Atherstone, North Warwickshire
Well I didn't personaly fit the Roush Anti-Roll bar I just wanted to see what the job entailed and offer my assistance if needed :wink:

Still as the saying goes; Life's Never That Simple Is It?

I'll let Alan give you the gorry details I'll just provide some pics 1st.

Oh Dear Alan has to do some "Hard" graft as he's forgot to pre-soak his nuts :?
DSC00803.jpg

Out with the old in with the New only 1/4 of the way there then :roll:
DSC00804.jpg

Stewarts got excited he's got twin pipes :wink:
DSC00805.jpg

Oh dear thats another Beer & curry for alan to pay for Stewarts getting very dirty!
DSC00806.jpg

Almost finnished looks like Alan might actually be able to go home tonight......we think.......note Stewarts improvised use of a Crowbar!
DSC00808.jpg

Jezza and I showed up for moral support
DSC00807.jpg

Hard work for those concerned and good on them because it was bloody cold :|

bloody nightmare!

Of course a bolt decided to shear off, then whilst drilling it out the drill bit snapped...inside the hole and wouldnt come out. So I had to try drilling a drill bit out aswell as the bolt :eek:

Luckily some judicious use of Stewart, a crowbar and some brute force sorted it!

Then it was getting the bush brackets to line up....crowbar again.

Eee so much fun! :eek:

Thanks again Stewart for all the help, wouldnt have managed it otherwise :D

alanpollard said:
bloody nightmare!

Of course a bolt decided to shear off, then whilst drilling it out the drill bit snapped...inside the hole and wouldnt come out. So I had to try drilling a drill bit out aswell as the bolt :eek:

Luckily some judicious use of Stewart, a crowbar and some brute force sorted it!

Then it was getting the bush brackets to line up....crowbar again.

Eee so much fun! :eek:

Thanks again Stewart for all the help, wouldnt have managed it otherwise :D

Sounds like when i did mine :roll: :oops: I sheered the bolt in the bush clamp but it wouldnt drill out... so i did the best i could at destroying the bolt and fitting another one - sodding nightmare!

You know what, this sounds like a recurring problem because the same thing happened to my car (so the mechanics told me) another bad cougar design maybe like the drop-links that wear out so quickly

alanpollard said:
one cheap bolt per suspension mount I figure :LOL:

And hola anyway from Portugal
Although when changing the rear suspension it advises in the how-to section that you should jack the anti-roll bar up to relieve the strain on the bolt, maybe this should be applied when changing the anti-roll bar?

Matt that only applies if you're jacking the car up one sided and thus loading the ARB. With both back wheels off the ground the ARB is redundant as both sides of the suspension are at the same extension anyway :roll: :LOL: