Flying Legends Airshow

FlamencoAssassin

Well-known user
Sep 9, 2004
Cambridgeshire
If you're into vintage planes you've come to the right place. :D

This is the air show that Jamie, me and our wives went to see at the weekend in Duxford.

I'll warn you, there's rather a lot of pictures here. I just couldn't stop snapping.
So, make yourself a drink, put your feet up and enjoy.

Flying Legends

I told you to put your feet up. :roll:
I couldn't be bothered to sort thru' them all, just took a few bad ones out and posted the rest up.
Most are pretty good even if I do say so myself. :wink:

Amazing pictures Manos!! :D :D 8) 8) 8)

.......and I've only got to page 4 :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have to say that with the lighting and the clouds, the pictures have an almost sepia feel to them. They could have been taken in WWII. :eek:

Example...
IMGP0466DesktopResolution.jpg

Great pix, Manos. Looks like a really good day. :LOL:

Glad you all like the pics. :D
I used to be into planes many years ago when I was making airfix kits.
It just seemed like a good idea for a day out and a chance to meet up with Jamie and his missus while they're on their hols.

Plus I've lived round the corner from Duxford airfield for years but never been. :oops:

Didn't see any Cougars but the show wasn't short of cats; Bearcats, Hellcats, Tigercats and Wildcats. They're all somewhere in those pics. :D

Awesome photos Manos!!! Much better than ours..... :oops:

We'll have a rake and see if any are presentable.....

Was great to see you both and sorry we had to cut the day short :eek:

Gill says she's sorry she tore me away on Sunday!

No problem Jamie. Tell Gill not to worry about tearing you away. We understand why. It was great to see you both too. :D
Hope we can organise this better next year. A few others on here were interested too.

Glad you like the pics and hope you enjoyed the rest of your hols.
If you like I can send you a DVD with all the pics in full resolution. The photobucket ones are about 1/3 of the original size.
PM me your address.

I`ve never been but I`m told Waddington airshow (Lincoln) is excellent, its only a stones throw from us & we often see the airshow planes overhead, maybe next july if anyone fancies it ?

spitfire = best name for anything EVER 8) + the planes are bloody awesome :twisted: :twisted:

phil robbo said:
I`ve never been but I`m told Waddington airshow (Lincoln) is excellent, its only a stones throw from us & we often see the airshow planes overhead, maybe next july if anyone fancies it ?

Throwing stones at planes could fall foul of the anti terror laws Phil. Id watch out for the FBI men :LOL: