Foglight conversion

If your interested Phil there is a small vent hole towards the pointier end of the fog that can take a 5mm led could add a orange led to use as a flasher also for it to be more noticable.

It ius covered by a little rubber bung.

Leds can be bought from ultraleds.

Funny you should mention that Jason, I have just bought some orange leds for that very purpose, when I get a chance to sort them I`ll post up a vid.

its easy.. pull out guts of flashers, pull out guts of fog lights, put guts of flashers into fogs, stretch wires (extend) put back fogs, stick strobes into flasher holders.

phil robbo said:
its easy.. pull out guts of flashers, pull out guts of fog lights, put guts of flashers into fogs, stretch wires (extend) put back fogs, stick strobes into flasher holders.

Sounds like a piece of **** :? :? To me :LOL: :LOL:

Lookin good phil, must fix my strobes (will need a new set) I did wonder the usefullness of the C1 fogs the lens is very dark, C2 has glass lens (as can be seen in the fact mine were broke :roll: ) and are brighter.
Still got 2 Green LED's and 4 red LED's to fit somewhere on the car.

If anyones interested the legal positions of the FOG lights are here:

Height from Road; 250mm [minimum]
Height from Road; No higher than Dipped Beams [Maximum]
Distance from Edge of car; 400mm [Maximum]
Distance between TWO lights; 350mm [Mimimum]

Could you not convert one of your 3 round lights into a Fog light now :idea: The Indicator/flasher is a clear LENS, and if you follow the rules regarding Height/Distance etc. i'm sure you could pull it off

(Inside Lens: FOG - Middle: Main/Dipped Beam - Outside: Sidelight)

Or am I just talkin balloni :wink:

Good mod this one,took my fogs out today after missus put the cat throught about 15" of water :eek: .The fogs were like goldfish bowls,nothing a good drain out and gas mark 2 for 10 minutes didn't cure :D Couldn't believe the size of the poxy bulbs in them,no wonder they are crap.
Still don't know how she didn't kn****er the engine as my air intake is about 8-10" from the ground :? but all sounds ok.

ginja said:

Im sure ive seen un-modified cars with a fog light near the middle of the boot, just a little right of the handle with the reverse being on the opposite side.

This looks over 40cm to me altho I never measured :)

Bilb said:
ginja said:

Im sure ive seen un-modified cars with a fog light near the middle of the boot, just a little right of the handle with the reverse being on the opposite side.

This looks over 40cm to me altho I never measured :)
Er...they were measurments in regard to the FRONT fog lights mate, I'm not sure on the legality of the REARS, just you need to have at least one on the O/s of car