• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Friday Convoy/Meet for those coming via the M42/M6/M1

ginja

Well-known user
Sep 20, 2004
Atherstone, North Warwickshire
Right as the title says this is for those of you coming on Friday and coming via either the M42 (and the M5/M42) or the M6 then the M1. (Me, Tim, Iain & mini-Mofo, Rich&Ria B etc.)

I suggest we meet at Corley Services on the M6 (just after the M42/M6 junction) then possibly meet up at Watford Gap services on the M1 with everyone else coming from the North (or the Rugby end of the M6, ie. Kully,JJ, Chris & Tim, Mike etc.)

Not sure on the time yet though depends on what time we can get to Grendon Lakes and if any of you are still at work etc.

Matt(y)

depending on time matt,think we are due down that neck of the woods for 4-4.30, could meet up at services you mentioned on m1, me dick(d1ckl) and paul(wogans wig) are heading down a1, m1 , (y)

That sounds a good time, just before the mad Friday rush-hour begins :LOL: we should be able to get there at that time (well I will anyway as i'm off all Friday) should reach Grendon Lakes by about 5pm then.

I think Rich's plan is to get there early afternoon which means us being around Brum area about 12ish

o_O 4:30 -5pm actualy sounds a bit late for me as I'm off all day too, so I will be getting there about 12noon onwards ...:( sorry about that...gota get my pitch before the rest of the guys steal the best spots :whistle::LOL:

We will be a two car convoy, not keen on multi car convoys as everybody has a different idea of the speed limit, also, I don't want the time constraints, I want to get in the car and drive to Grendan without hanging around at motorway services. We are hoping to set out quite early on friday to hopefully get there before dinnertime. I hate the M6 with a passion and the sooner I have passed through brum the better.

Would feel like a bird with its wings clipped if we were in a convoy, but if you are in our clique, then pm me and we can sort something!lol:bomb::bomb::bomb:

:LOL::LOL: It would indeed.....I'll drop you a PM nearer the time Rich:cool:

I've booked the day off so will be hoping to set out around 9.00am - 9.30am on friday, might meet up with our mate Mr KSL on t'way 't'appen!

No worries mate, having been in STEWARTS convoys before, I know what you mean ;) (His Cruise control doesn't go below 120mph I think)
I have decided to not drive at the same speed as everyone else in convoys anyway, some people drive too slow :LOL:

....but officer...really, I was just trying to keep up with my mate in front....

....Sir! you were the car in front!!

Breaker, Breaker, .....I think we got ourselves a convoy, Big 10-4...

Woo Hoo - I've got the day off on the Friday :)

Unfortunately Mini will be at school - I'll check his timetable and see if a bunk may be in order :devilish:

Unsure from the above if anyone is still meeting up for a convoy - Matt - are you still meeting up with anyone or would you be feeling that your wings had been clipped if you did :LOL:

Woo Hoo - I've got the day off on the Friday :)

Unfortunately Mini will be at school - I'll check his timetable and see if a bunk may be in order :devilish:

Unsure from the above if anyone is still meeting up for a convoy - Matt - are you still meeting up with anyone or would you be feeling that your wings had been clipped if you did :LOL:

He's good at doing disappearing acts isn't he??? lol..... I'm sure the school would spend hours searching for him and possibly send the Police out looking for him. Best just to say he has a dentist appointment or something??? LOL