From Farmers shed to urban cruiser

A

Andy72

Following on from my hello thread http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10103

i thought i would post up the before and after pics of a saturdays cleaning. I did get the PC out at one point, looked at it and put it back in the box for another weekend as i just couldnt be bothered.

So, a simple wash, clay, wash, cleaner wax, seal and wax job with a hoover inside and wet vac of the seats.

Its since had a trip to the coast before the after pics were taken so its a bit more grubby than it was once i'd finished.

Another weekend of going over it should see it better.

cougar001.jpg

cougar006.jpg

cougar003.jpg

cougar007.jpg

cougar004.jpg

cougar008.jpg

lovely. how does this clay thing work. what exactly is it and what do you do with it and at what stage.

great results

Great stuff clay..useit after washing to get all the stuck on bits off, tar spots, bugs, tree sap...its scary what it removes...and leaves the paint glass smooth again.

the "before" interior shot looks like mine at the moment,,cant keep the b loody thing clean ...excellent job by the way...im gonna have to get some clay..were did you get it from?

You can get clay from any detailing shop. I used to be into all that stuff a few years ago but now out of touch with new products. Just using old stuff I had collected. I had some megiuars clay from halfords

Here's a good trick to try if you've never clayed your car. Run you finger over a panel like the roof. Probably feels smooth if you wash it often. Now find a price of thin plastic film like they wrap packs of fags in. Run your finger overthr panel again but on top of the film. You'll be shocked.

Apologies if you've done this before

You can see the difference, great job, Kev looking into getting some clay, which is the best one or are they all mainly the same, Nancy.

You can see the difference, great job, Kev looking into getting some clay, which is the best one or are they all mainly the same, Nancy.

Good question, are there any cheaper alternatives? :D
or is the Meguiars set the daddy?

There's loads of clays on the market and everyone will have their fav. I used to use a sonus green as I found it easier to soften.

Kev bought the Meguiars today and did ours, f**king amazing difference - and not a messy job he thought it would be, he watched a video on you tube last night (off ebay).

Photo0080.jpg

Its an ace finish

Photo0079.jpg

You can see the reflection, highly recommended :wink5: :wink5: :wink5:

Good question, are there any cheaper alternatives? :D
or is the Meguiars set the daddy?

Kev went to Halfords and they had their own make for £20 but just clay bars, the Meguiars was £23.99 and had detailer wax (for lubricant) and a bottle of pure wax and a cloth (y) (y)

So what does one actually do with this clay? Is a case of just rubbing the paintwork with it, kind of like using an eraser to 'rub' the dirt out? I one piece does the whole car, and it picks tar and stuff off the paint, are you not dragging the muck all over the car and risking making more scratches? I'm confuzzled. (Not hard to do!)

I saw that (and posted on it!) a few days ago. See the pic of the clay with all the rubbish all embedded in it? That's what I'm on about. How does rubbing that across your car not scratch it?