hello everybody

M

myk

hi
im mike

i have just got myself a v6 cougar xpack and after doing 500 miles in it i love it

think i got myself a bargain but not sure as there was no history with the car but everything seems to work well and it is quite mint apart from a tiny ding from a car park battle ,the only thing i have noticed is that when the engine gets revving there is a flat spot at about 5 grand then it picks up again any ideas??
im hoping it just needs a service !!!

got a quick question though
is there any way to turn the passenger airbag off so that i can put my sons babyseat in there safely ???

anyway hope everyone is ok and look forward to more fun in my cougar and chatting to some people in the know:smile5:

hi mike, welcome to the club(y), you will find they are a good bunch on here, im not sure about the flat spot at 5k, however im sure one of our resident techs will be able to advise better, as for the airbag, there isnt an oem way of switching off, i put my daughters child seat in rear, and it fits perfect, :smile5:

hi and welcome mike ,one of the top guys will point you in the area of engine prob but revving at 5k is extreme ,:eek6:
good luck and enjoy your v6
which colour(y)

hi all thanks for the welcomes

its a silver one and its a 2.5 v6 99 model really clean for the year

i live on a private estate with a long road that runs through the middle so can test my cars safely and knowing im not going to get into trouble lol which is nice i jut wanted to see what it pulled like through the revs really and was quite impressed in how quick it got me to a ton

i have been putting my sons seat in the back at the moment but its quite a struggle as im 6'2 and its hard to reach round for the belts lol it would prob help if i lost a stone or more lol
it doesn't matter though as he will be in a forward facing seat in about a month so will let the mrs do it till then haa

i'll try and get some pics up so you can all have a look

mike
thanks again for the quick advice and welcomes

Hi Mike and welcome to the best, the most informative and the most friendly Cougar Club in the world.

I'm not mechanically minded at all but the guys on here will, between them be able to solve any problems that you might have with your Cat.

From recollection flat spots at 5k have been caused by fuel filter issues, IMRC (secondary valve) issues and head gasket issues - hopefully not the latter - but, as I say - I'm sure that someone in the know will be along before too long.

We do have a very comprehensive technical/mods/problems section on here - unlocked by the payment of a very small admin fee - £13 - Could be the best £13 you spend on your Cat if you really want to look after her properly.

The main thing though - have fun with your new toy - they are fantastic unique machines (y)
:D

Last edited:
Hi Mike, and welcome. This is a great forum and the guys on here are really helpful. Im quite new on here myself and not a million miles from you. n
Near Cambridge, straight down the A11. My daughters forward facing seat fits in teh back nicely and is not too much hssle to strap in so should get easier soon!(y)

Last edited:
hi mike , great bunch ogf guys on here only been a cat owner a few weeks and they have helped loads best £13 i have ever spent

hi
im mike

i have just got myself a v6 cougar xpack and after doing 500 miles in it i love it

think i got myself a bargain but not sure as there was no history with the car but everything seems to work well and it is quite mint apart from a tiny ding from a car park battle ,the only thing i have noticed is that when the engine gets revving there is a flat spot at about 5 grand then it picks up again any ideas??
im hoping it just needs a service !!!

got a quick question though
is there any way to turn the passenger airbag off so that i can put my sons babyseat in there safely ???

anyway hope everyone is ok and look forward to more fun in my cougar and chatting to some people in the know:smile5:

Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy your stay. (y)

As Bobster has already pointed out, you can't turn the airbag off, but even if you could it would render your insurance "invalid" in the event of any accident. The advice always with any forward facing child seat is to have it correctly fastened in the back (I used to work for John Lewis and used to advise people about this):yesnod:

Hi Mike

Welcome to the club iam a fairly new owner and still grinning from ear to ear, an awesome car...

thanks all for the welcomes

got a few issues with the car now lol
this is a good start ,the car is missing all through the revs as though it is hesitating to go , im going to service the car this weekend coming but someone mentioned it could be a sensor ??
any advice would be greatly appreciated
just hoping its nothing serious really