Hello from Highworth

F

fitascman

Hi all... recently registered following the recent purchase of my 2nd. V6.
I previously owned a cracking V6 in silver, as close to showroom condition as could be found. Made the silly mistake of selling to a friend and neighbour after continual pestering to buy it. Biggest mistake ever! It still irks me every time I see it... oh well, easy to be wise...
The good news however is I have got another one. No where near as good as the previous, but lots of potential. I have a huge list of issues requiring attention, hopefully a lot of which I can do myself, albeit with very basic car diy skills. The most pressing issue I have that I feel unsure of taking on myself is virtually no heat in the cabin. The engine coolant is clean and of the correct type and mix and the engine runs at normal temp. I was advised to change the pollen/cabin filter as this may be contributing to the problem. Did this myself and the airflow is improved and noticibly less misting up, but still cold. The old filter was in a bit of a state despite the previous owner being charged no less than twice in the last 3 services for replacement. The filter looked like it had been there for a very long time???
Anyway, popped it down to the local Ford main dealer and was advised the heater matrix was most probably at fault. They are now of course trying to sell me a new matrix, etc. An enthusiast pal of mine has since told me the matrix can be easily flushed/descaled. Only problem being, I don't have a clue how to do it. Is there anybody in the Swindon area that could possibly help me out? More than happy to pay, just fed up chucking money at over the odds to main dealers.
Will hopefully get more time soon to have an in depth look at this great site. Well done to all involved! Cheers all, Brian

hi brian , welcome to the club, there has been a few people doing this of late, using viakal to flush it through, apparently not a very hard job to do, most of the info for this is in the subscribers sections, £13 to subscribe, but it has personally saved me 10 times that,(y)

Hi there, will definitely get stuck in to the site very soon. Cheers

Hi brian and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section (£13) or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Tony (y)

Hi Tony, looks like the place to be if you own a cat, particularly if an old duffer like me!

next one for me is 58, that should make you feel like a spring chicken. Sure I would fit in comfortably as an OFS member... that's unless there's a grumpy old men society? The missus tells me daily that's where I belong!

Brian - Welcome to the club from another nearby cat owner! We have another member in Swindon too so there are a few of us around although it seems the cats are slowly disappearing or being broken!!! :sad::sad::sad:

Look forward to seeing you at some of our meets. :smile5::smile5::smile5:

Have a look at the one we are having in Bath next month. It would be great if you can join us.

http://www.ukcougarforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=11771

Thanks Andy, have saved the link. If all else fails, only about an hour from me. Cheers, Brian

Thanks for the invite, will do my best to get along to as many meets as possible. Really want to get as many issues sorted as possible first... lots to do! Yes, they are sadly few and far between these days, took me ages to get hold of this one. See you soon, Brian

Thanks for the invite, will do my best to get along to as many meets as possible. Really want to get as many issues sorted as possible first... lots to do! Yes, they are sadly few and far between these days, took me ages to get hold of this one. See you soon, Brian

Good cats are not easy to find, we often get buyers on here who have been desperately looking for a while! And it can entail driving all over the country to check out what is available as I am sure you know only too well.:yesnod::yesnod:

That's encouraging, another Taurean that's actually older than me! Wonder the age of the oldest cat owner/driver???

Hi Brian, welcome to UKC.com, good luck with getting the car fixed up mate, once you subscribe, it'll be even better than your old one, with the help & advice of our friendly members!;)

Hi Brian, welcome to the club. Topcat1127 used to have a link to Viakal flushing in his sig, don`t know if its still there. Plenty of knowledge on here mate.