Hello from Kent

Thanks guys, yeah us Brits are just MAD :LOL:

Knight Rider was just one of those Shows that us Brits took to in a big way (along with the "Dukes of Hazzard" and the A-Team), and nearly every little boy back then wanted to be Michael Knight and drive around in KITT.

All cars depreciate in value as time goes by (even 3rd Generation Trans Ams) and then start to rise in value again as they become "Classic Cars" (About 5yrs ago you could pick up a decent 3rd gen for about £1,500 :yikes:).

Most of the replica guys here in UK purchased their 3rd gens back then when the price was rock bottom, and then started buying the conversion parts from all over the World (mainly from USA & CANADA).

The price has already started to rise again on these though (I paid £3K for mine, and prices are now up to about £4k for a decent standard T/A), but you can still build your very own KITT for around £10K-£12K all in.

but remember, they don't drive like a Cougar :nonod:

Tony

Hi Tony and welcome to the home of the Cougar. You have done a fantastic job on the interior of that Pontiac mate, that's what I would call EXTREME modding. By the way do you know what all the switches do or are most of them just for show?

Hello and welcome Tony. Great to see your motors - Kitt is looking cool (although secretly I like the new Mustang one...but...Sssshhhhhh...keep that under your hat! lol). Can't belive the knob in the NHS truck did that to your Coug (I would have kicked his ass for that!). Anyway, welcome aboard and hope to see you at some of the meets. Cheers, Tim

Unfortunately I wasn't even there when the NHS truck hit it, Karen had borrowed it to get to work that day.
(My mistake, I just re-read my post and realised that I wrote "while I was parked in a layby" instead of "while it was parked in a layby", sorry).

Believe it or not, I had let Karen use it for work because a Coach had just totalled her "Blurple" Puma, and then I get a phonecall from her to say "You're not going to believe this...!!!!" :incazzato::frown2:

P.S. I'll keep quiet about the Mustang bit mate (although at least it IS a FORD :ihih:)

Tony

Hi Tony and welcome to the home of the Cougar. You have done a fantastic job on the interior of that Pontiac mate, that's what I would call EXTREME modding. By the way do you know what all the switches do or are most of them just for show?

Most of the Dash is "Functional" (meaning that it has all the elements you'd expect to see, rev counter, speedo, fuel guage, oil, temp, volts etc) but there are a few bits on there that are purely for show.

A few of the switches operate things in the car (lights, horn, alarm, cd, dvd, ps2, etc), but most are still awaiting functions (meaning they are fully functional buttons, but I just haven't got the money yet to buy the next gadget to link up to them, LOL).

The real fun is going to come when I get the PC in and download KITT's Voice Recognition software to it. Then KITT will actually reply when I talk to him, and obey simple commands like "KITT, start the engine" or "KITT, open/close the door" or "KITT, pop the trunk" (the possibilities are endless) (y)

Tony

Most of the Dash is "Functional" (meaning that it has all the elements you'd expect to see, rev counter, speedo, fuel guage, oil, temp, volts etc) but there are a few bits on there that are purely for show.

A few of the switches operate things in the car (lights, horn, alarm, cd, dvd, ps2, etc), but most are still awaiting functions (meaning they are fully functional buttons, but I just haven't got the money yet to buy the next gadget to link up to them, LOL).

The real fun is going to come when I get the PC in and download KITT's Voice Recognition software to it. Then KITT will actually reply when I talk to him, and obey simple commands like "KITT, start the engine" or "KITT, open/close the door" or "KITT, pop the trunk" (the possibilities are endless) (y)

Tony

Sounds like you still have a lot of money to throw at this project yet.

I'd say around another £3K :frown2:, but what a car it will be when it's all done :ihih:

Tony

Welcome aboard Tony, nice pics of the KITT/cat, I hope you find a replacement boot on the cheap, there's usually the odd cat being sold for spares on fleabay if you can't find one here mate.(y)

Welcome aboard Tony, nice pics of the KITT/cat, I hope you find a replacement boot on the cheap, there's usually the odd cat being sold for spares on fleabay if you can't find one here mate.(y)

Hi mate,
Yeah, unfortunately at the moment the only Black one on ebay is about 300 miles away up in Lancs :frown2:

Sods law, a few weeks ago there was a complete black V6 with leather interior on there with front end damage for "Spares or repairs" at £325 for the whole car or "would consider breaking" (and it was only about 50 miles away in Maidstone), but at the time I still didn't know if the Insurers were going to let me keep my car (as they were trying to write it off because new tailgate from FORD is £700!!!), so I couldn't go for it in case I lost my car.

I phoned him a few days ago when I got word back from the Insurers, but it had gone to the crusher on Wednesday last week with the Tailgate still on it (and it had the boot spoiler too :frown2:).

I'll just have to keep looking and wait for another :mad2: LOL

Tony

Here's a pic for all you "Old School" guys...

This is the 1975 2dr Mk3 Cortina I had before KITT.
Completely restored and I dropped a 2.8ltr Cologne V6 into it ....

DSC_0040cropphoto-1.jpg

and here's what happens when you hit a patch of diesel on a slippery country road on a wet january evening...
cortinacrash011email.jpg

God, I still miss that car :sad:

Tony

Blimey, there's a blast from the past. One of my fav models the Cola bottle shape. My god-father used to have a red one with a black vinyl roof - lovely old motor. Shame yours had to end up the way it did - looked lovely before.

Hi Tony,

I live up in Ramsgate and just recently bought my 2.5 Cougar Auto X-pack.

Being on the wrong side of 50 (just) I have had several cars through the years, and I think the Cougar is a rare combination of beauty and practicality, mixed in with a bit of fun, even with the auto. I tend to change cars quite often, but I think this one is a keeper - dark metallic blue with only 50K miles, two previous owners.

Haven't done any mods so far, but thinking more airflow might be good, with less restrictive exhaust and K&N Panel Filter... we'll see.

Yours looks great in black - too bad people run into other people's cars! Like your other cars too - a real petrol head you are....

Actually wanted to get my wife a Puma as stablemate, but she won't give up her CRV, so that plan didn't work. Good to have a 4WD these days anyway.

Siggi

Haven't done any mods so far, but thinking more airflow might be good, with less restrictive exhaust and K&N Panel Filter... we'll see.
Check out the Group Buys section Siggi, there'a a fantastic one-off deal on offer, for a bespoke stainless steel exhaust, about to take place towards the end of March mate.(y)

Hi and welcome (y)

Ace selection of cars there, yellow's my favourite colour for the Puma (couldn't afford a millennium so settled for a silver one before we got the Cougar)

Must be ace having a Knight rider car, still a nice shape :yesnod: (wouldn't say no to Starsky's Torino or Hazards's Dodge Charger either)

Shame about the Cortina :frown5:

Hi Tony and welcome to the club (madhouse) great bunch on here and a few laughs to be had along the way,loads of info no manuals made for cougar but all the info is either in subscriber section (£13) or the members are both knowledgeable and helpful,as well as a little mad:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Tony (y)