• When using paypal to pay for show tickets please say in the comment box what show you are paying for. This makes it easier for us to cross refer to the show threads. Thanks.

Idiots guide: your first Cougarfest!

R

Rick-(FrostyV6)

Hi, please can someone write a short piece here!

For the benefit of the CF virgins like myself :oops: and god knows how many others.... just useful info on the general rundown, what kit NOT to forget etc, and other handy tips and info.... you know the drill

Im not totally stupid, and ive been camping and to festivals before, but this is different! and id hate to arrive and think... "i should have brought one of those etc etc... ? Or i didnt know we'd need that.. etc"

I know there has been some bits written in other threads, esp Jamie pointed out that try not to bring windbreaks etc as these may isolate you and make you not part of the group! Also some mention about the cooking arrangements on the BBQ etc? Bring your own food and pool it with everything?

But if someone would write this idiots guide, with all the essential info in one handy bitesize thread! then id really appreciate it! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks!

(and lets hope for a miracle turn in the weather! :roll: )

First time for me aswell Rick, i think ive got all the stuff i need for a normal camping break but never done anything like this before, last time i went camping groundsheets hadn't been invented :LOL: and we made a camp fire to cook on.

First off....Bring yourself & your car!!
It's all common sense really, the Aquadromes facilities are 2nd to none, you'll
obviously need your tent,
a sleeping bag, (or quilt if you're 'namby pamby' like us)
something to sit on,
something to wash with,
you can bring a stove to boil water on for tea, coffee etc. (although we have one)
Warm clothes for the evening,
food stuffs that you like, & that can be barbecued,
Tea, coffee, milk & a cup/mug etc,
a felt tipped pen, to mark stuff that you want to keep for yourself in the fridge,
It doesn't matter if you forget anything, someone ALWAYS has it, plus Tesco's
is 2 miles down the road.
A plentiful supply of alcohol.
A bottle/can opener.
This year only....you'll need Wellies & a waterproof jacket!! :wink:
The list is endless, think about what you'll be doing & bring the appropriate thing.
Bring it rather than leave it. :wink: :LOL:

The one thing you need to leave at home though is your modesty!!!

Probably the hardest thing to know what to do is the food, I will bring my customary ostrich burgers, and bacon & eggs to pool and stuff of my own, that I will cook on a CAMP fire, started by rubbing Bobs legs together.

LOTS AND LOTS of warm clothing and LOTS AND LOTS of alcohol.

and a good sense of humour

As above really plenty of food we usually pool it all together and eat whatever is there, as has been pointed out if you are bringing something specifically for yourself LABEL IT!!!!!.

Beer etc is usually same as food if you buy spirits label it as yours beer gets whacked in the fridge and help yourself.

decent tent may be needed this year :wink: sleeping bags might be an idea to bring a waterproof bag for clothes etc just to be on safe side.

poisesed excuse me

but bring a pump for your air bed.

bloody nightmare without

alanpollard said:
Whats that mean when its at home?

I believe it to be a relative pronoun. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Idiots guide: your first Cougarfest!

does this mean that it's written by idiots? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

its a word typed by someone under the influence of alcohol who wass trying to type another completly different word.

Lots of Gay Stella if you want to talk the same bo**lox i do :LOL:

A digital camera with a damn good memory card (yes their will be loads of other peeps who will take lots of pictures, but funny pics of members (ooer mrs!!) can be priceless!!)

Without sounding tight, dont buy the likes of the cheap burgers & sausages(basics/value) and then tuck into other peoples food, think a little!

A chair to sit on, either sturdy so it'l last or lots of cheap disposable jobs as you all know how hard it is to sit down/stand up when under the influence!

Tea/coffee/sugar/milk has been mentioned, Mike is normally the guy with the stove but if it's like last year we'l have an electric kettle again!! (who was it that works in Starbucks that brought all the different styles with them last year?)

That'l do for me, beer to get drunk on, food for when the munchies kick in, a chair to fall back in, coffee to stay awake with........after all, last year i pitched me tent and didnt sleep in it!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

angelman said:
Lots of Gay Stella if you want to talk the same bo**lox i do :LOL:

A digital camera with a damn good memory card (yes their will be loads of other peeps who will take lots of pictures, but funny pics of members (ooer mrs!!) can be priceless!!)

Without sounding tight, dont buy the likes of the cheap burgers & sausages(basics/value) and then tuck into other peoples food, think a little!

A chair to sit on, either sturdy so it'l last or lots of cheap disposable jobs as you all know how hard it is to sit down/stand up when under the influence!

Tea/coffee/sugar/milk has been mentioned, Mike is normally the guy with the stove but if it's like last year we'l have an electric kettle again!! (who was it that works in Starbucks that brought all the different styles with them last year?)

That'l do for me, beer to get drunk on, food for when the munchies kick in, a chair to fall back in, coffee to stay awake with........after all, last year i pitched me tent and didnt sleep in it!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Tea/coffee/sugar/milk ????? Surely that is non alcoholic. YEUK

My list
1. Alcohol.
2. Munches.
3. Food.
4. Camera.
5. Chair.
6. Long piece of string to tie to my hotel room door, so as to find my way back at some ungodly hour.

contray to what you might think...bring some Bog roll as the pikeys nick it all to sell in their corner shop on last day otherwise.

Booze
Tunes
Food
Nibles
Booze
H20 for the morning after + some paracetemol
Booze

:wink:

oh some rags to clean the bugs off your cat

Well nice one guys and gals for all the lovely juicy info... interspersed with huge meaty chunks of spam of course!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Wouldn't have it any other way though! :wink:
I think it has been and continues to be an informative beginners guide to CF!