I'm back with a cougar!

oi, I'm having the exhaust before her, got to get my 0-60 below 6.5 secs:prrr: but as I'm unemployed at the mo, it'll have to wait. I might have to get her banned from this forum, you lot are a bad influence.:mad2::mad2:

oi, I'm having the exhaust before her, got to get my 0-60 below 6.5 secs:prrr: but as I'm unemployed at the mo, it'll have to wait. I might have to get her banned from this forum, you lot are a bad influence.:mad2::mad2:

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

0-60 below 6.5 sec's :yikes: really??? How??? I would be happy with around 7.5 sec's...although I've never actually timed myself....hmmmm...Note to self....stop watch and a clear road .....errr...private road/track :ihih::LOL::LOL:

Well, see my sig, not too far off. Frosty's are the quickest though, Ebony's have more paint on them, weighing them down.:dita:

Hmmmmmmm.......the coog's quite a big heavy car, without stripping the interior to save weight & going down the twin turbo/supercharger route, that's a big ask Stribo.....sub 6.5 0-60 sounds like Bolton Mafia territory to me mate?:)

What performance mods have you already had done out of interest Stribo?

Hmmmmmmm.......the coog's quite a big heavy car, without stripping the interior to save weight & going down the twin turbo/supercharger route, that's a big ask Stribo.....sub 6.5 0-60 sounds like Bolton Mafia territory to me mate?:)

What performance mods have you already had done out of interest Stribo?

Yeh, I'd be interested in that too, as never would believe a V6 Coug could do that sort of time :confused:

Ha, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you both.:prrr::prrr: Or, you could both stop trying to give Relfski ideas for modding.:incazzato::incazzato:

For Frosty owners eyes only.

I've got a K&N 57i, short shift gear lever, I have my secondaries permantly open, and I've disconnected the EGR.

Oh and I'm the Stig. shhhh.:wink5::wink5:

If the secondaries are permanently open :yikes: you must be chucking a shedload of fuel in to get anything like those gains, that sounds like a BIG ouch to the wallet mate?

I started reading about EGR in petrol engines, but TBH it's all way over my head?:LOL:

Can't wait to see the difference the STAINLESS SPORTS CAT & TWIN EXHAUST make though!:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I thought John Pertwee was The Stig!!?:skep:

Well, fuel consumption wasn't the reason I bought the Cat, I get around 20-22mpg around town, and 27mpg on a motorway run, could probably get more at 70mph(I hope Si isn't reading this). The thing to remember is not to reset the ECU when you tie the secondaries open, so it still fuels as if the IMRC was connected. I still get a 'kick' at 3800rpm.

TBH Stribo, it all sounds a bit too dodgy for me mate, I can't imagine it's doing the engine any good:nonod:...........'the light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long' & all that.(y)

TBH Stribo, it all sounds a bit too dodgy for me mate, I can't imagine it's doing the engine any good:nonod:...........'the light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long' & all that.(y)

I've been advised by Lottysvdub that it will kill the engine, but what a ride whilst it's shining.:ihih::ihih:

Yeh, I'm with you on this one Mark, don't like messing with stuff I don't know much about and don't want to kill my Coug, as it's a long term investment. I'm already getting another 10-12bhp from the MIJ exhaust system, then another 4-6bhp from the Pipercross air filter and then when I get the sports cat put on at MIJ, that will add another 6-8bhp. So all in all, another 26bhp to the 170bhp that I already had...so almost 200bhp (196bhp) - and I constantly run Shell V-Power fuel, so think that's enough power for me :yesnod:

Yeh, I'm with you on this one Mark, don't like messing with stuff I don't know much about and don't want to kill my Coug, as it's a long term investment. I'm already getting another 10-12bhp from the MIJ exhaust system, then another 4-6bhp from the Pipercross air filter and then when I get the sports cat put on at MIJ, that will add another 6-8bhp. So all in all, another 26bhp to the 170bhp that I already had...so almost 200bhp (196bhp) - and I constantly run Shell V-Power fuel, so think that's enough power for me :yesnod:

Not wishing to put you boys down, but surely the proof of the pudding is in the eating. These company's can quote figures which may or may not be proven. My chosen form of tuning has been, the figures speak for themselves, and although it's been stated that my route may kill the engine, doesn't any form of tuning eventually?
I wish you all the best with your route, but please don't put mine down, as I have the only proven track record.