I'm back with a cougar!

Yeh, I'm with you on this one Mark, don't like messing with stuff I don't know much about and don't want to kill my Coug, as it's a long term investment. I'm already getting another 10-12bhp from the MIJ exhaust system, then another 4-6bhp from the Pipercross air filter and then when I get the sports cat put on at MIJ, that will add another 6-8bhp. So all in all, another 26bhp to the 170bhp that I already had...so almost 200bhp (196bhp) - and I constantly run Shell V-Power fuel, so think that's enough power for me :yesnod:

Having the secondaries permanently open is dyno proven to reduce torque and therefore brake horsepower at low RPM. That's why they went to all the trouble to put them there in the first place... People are bored of me explaining why they increase torque and therefore brake horsepower at low RPM so I'll just leave it for now though. The ECU is still self learning, so reset or not, it'll still adjust the fueling. That's what the O2 sensors are there for. People are also bored of me explaining what they do, so I'll leave that too.

So long as you're happy Stribo, but I wouldn't suggest anyone else copies you.

Quite how the 0-60 claimed was achieved I have no idea. It's been done before by a V6 running nitrous oxide though.

Having the secondaries permanently open is dyno proven to reduce torque and therefore brake horsepower at low RPM. That's why they went to all the trouble to put them there in the first place... People are bored of me explaining why they increase torque and therefore brake horsepower at low RPM so I'll just leave it for now though. The ECU is still self learning, so reset or not, it'll still adjust the fueling. That's what the O2 sensors are there for. People are also bored of me explaining what they do, so I'll leave that too.

I'm not! I actually enjoy reading your more in depth posts Jamie. I'm no mechanic, so finding out how my car actually works and why from someone who clearly knows what they're talking about interests me a great deal.

I'm not! I actually enjoy reading your more in depth posts Jamie. I'm no mechanic, so finding out how my car actually works and why from someone who clearly knows what they're talking about interests me a great deal.

Seconded....coz I know b*gger all about my Coug!! :rolleyes5:

Hi Relfski and welcome back to the TRUE home of the Cougar.
:smilewinkgrin:Yes Rachel we wont say were you have been all these years :):ihih:

Oh and those figures for Steve (Stribo's) 0 to 60 time were real, it was at FORD FAIR 2009 IIRC I know I was there and only got 9.11 seconds in my car :( and Mofo-sob got a quicker time than me 7.5 or something like that (the standard 0 to 60 is suposed to be 8.3 seconds)

Last edited:
ha ha ha :prrr::prrr:

I wouldn't have described it as the dark side as I was still in touch with what was going on here too! :wink5: But work and moving also limited my car showing times and lack of internet connection also limited my forum viewing time! :eek6::eek::sad:

At the end of the day I enjoy showing my cat off no matter who I happen to be standing with at ford fair! (y):ihih: