I'm coming back!!!!!!!

I got green injectors, I was advised not to install them as they‘d struggle to put out the correct fuel on my non ST ECU ( or some similar reason )
Hence they are not installed.

Last edited:
One of the big differences between the st200 intake set up and the non st200 intake is all the openings and passages through it flow more air. With adding more air you have to add more fuel.

So when they built the ST200 it has a higher flow rate of injector which means using them on your stock ecm it will hold them open for the same amount of time, but by being a higher flow rate they're dumping way more fuel. It basically over fuels the engine, because science.

Since I don't know the total ins and outs of MOT, it may not be possible. But can you swap your stock ecm for a stock st200 ecm and reprogram your keys with forscan? If so you should be able to run the green injectors with no problem and possibly get more gain out of the entire setup overall.

Thanks Rooster. Whilst writing above it dawned on me might have an ST 200 ECU, I bought a bunch of modules as spares a little while ago. I need to check was it ST 24 or 200 ?
And my apologies for the thread jack :)
ST24 :confused::LOL:

Incidentally in terms of the UK MOT, in my experience changing the ECM from ST24 to 200 would be unnoticed especially if hooked up with appropriate injectors.

Last edited:
The mounting points for the coil pack are different Dave. On the 220 they are on the one nearest the front of the car although it is possible they used the mounting points for the defunct IMRC for the coil pack and left the mounting points on the rear cover un-used.

The FINIS numbers for the rocker covers on the 2.5 170 V6 engine fitted to the MK3 Mondeo are the same as the ones fitted to the 3.0 220 V6.

Not to bothered about the mounting points as the coil etc are mounted elsewhere for clearance it's more the fact can I get a spare set of covers sprayed up and fitted to the current engine.

I'd be looking to file all the old mounting points flush anyway.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

The standard cougar rocker covers bolt onto the ST220 heads. I've bolted them on to mine. Then I went with the coil on plug setup so I needed rocker covers with the bolt holes for the coils.

Edit: I would suggest using the cover gaskets for whichever engine the rockers came off of though I believe they're different.

Reactions: dyg3474
I got green injectors, I was advised not to install them as they‘d struggle to put out the correct fuel on my non ST ECU ( or some similar reason )
Hence they are not installed.
all my cougars have had the green injectors with the st200 uim and lim on a standard ecu and had no problems..
although i have also completley removed the secondries off my lim, even removed the shaft :ROFLMAO:
the only difference i noticed with the greens was slight better pickup below the 3k mark and better responce at 80+ speeds.
their was also no adverse effects to the mot emissions either..
oddly and ive never fully understood why but all 3 of my cars (and tilly is an auto) have way better fuel economy after swapping the standard intakes to the st200..

That’s easy Shirtyzeus.
If she’s breathing more easily she’ll make more power at lower revs so effectively you’re using less pedal / fuel to achieve daily driving.
I want to keep the secondaries, so maybe I need an ST200 ECU if I’m going to get the most out of my ST24 engine by getting it to take full advantage of the ST 200 kit it has strapped to it.
She is going to get the improved ST200 wing intake in the next few weeks.

Well today was spent reattaching the rear bank y pipe to the exhaust manifold which is why she didn't make it to Als last meet after all 3 bolts fell out and she sounded like a bloody tank.

These bolts are a pain with a 2.5 but in a 3ltr they're an absolute nightmare and I ended up doing most of the work from under the car.

Sadly after finally getting this done she now has a weird rattle when bliping the throttle and letting the revs drop which wasn't there before so I'm going to have a good look in the morning as it was dark when I finished.

If I get to the bottom of the rattle then she's back in the paint shop Monday for some bits to be sprayed up and a good polish.

Now it's back to trying to solve the outstanding issue of running the 3ltr engine on a 2.5 ecu [emoji24]

I've been quiet for a while but it's been an expensive and productive month or more so I currently have a garage full of small projects which I am hoping to get on with shortly but for now the following bits have been done:

Tracking and suspension fully set up
black trim refurbished
Rear top spoiler painted and fitted
Rear light covers trimmed, painted and fitted
Boot badge holes welded over and boot repainted
Alloys repainted
Paintwork ceramic coated and polished

After chatting to Bobster and a few other guys on the forum ( a massive thanks to everyone for all your time, advice and effort) I have now decided to go down the standalone route for an ECU and a company is all set to fit it at the end of Feb then a full rolling road setup. This coupled with a better back box setup and maybe even a resonator box to change the exhaust tone and the car should be pretty much where I want her and fingers crossed pushing out approx 260bhp.

I'll try and grab a few photos tomorrow and post them up.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

So I finally managed to get a few photos of the old girl before her next journey off to get the standalone ECU fitted as it's way above my skill level and they'll also rolling road and fully set it up as well.

Fingers crossed it'll be back in 2 weeks so I can start to do a few little projects but it should be pushing out around 270bhp when it's all done
57ffb497eb1c48e81f1cc9048ec3cb6d.jpg
f28966235f1b4fbd8117b42a0c66541d.jpg
db2e7f04d5729cedc25f6650097bd137.jpg
726a1c79a5286459cd1ca8c9a5a4c6dc.jpg

That should work and from what I saw doing research wasnt to bad to hook up either. I'll be watching and see how it goes when you get the car back. We'll be members of a very small group who have done a standalone in these, but they should be a blast when done.