Look.....No Lashes

Sabre Tooth

Well-known user
Oct 7, 2009
Leicester
Ok......here are some better shots of my new custom sunstrip, courtesy of Al (Pid16v)
DSC07879.jpg

DSC07895.jpg

DSC07878.jpg

DSC07867.jpg

DSC07868.jpg

False eyelashes removed & looking a bit more aggressive;)
DSC07875.jpg

DSC07880.jpg

DSC07881.jpg

DSC07882.jpg

DSC07883.jpg

DSC07884.jpg

DSC07887.jpg

DSC07889.jpg

DSC07891.jpg

DSC07894.jpg

DSC07896.jpg

DSC07898.jpg

DSC07899.jpg

DSC07901.jpg

DSC07902.jpg

Is the sunstrip on the outside?
I quite liked the eyelashes made her look feminine But she does look good now though (y)

A bit too feminine for my liking, I didn't want to be driving around in a car that looks too girlified.:LOL:

Yes, the sunstrip is fitted to the windscreen exterior. It's fitted in 2 parts, background strip first, then lettering text overlayed on top. The finish is completely flush, so no probs with any scoring from wiper blades.(y)

looking good seems to give it a better stance, more aggressive look (y)
Thanks lazybones, one odd thing I noticed about having the cat lowered, is it creates an optical illusion when viewed from the side & seems to accentuate the length of the car, which is quite long to begin with.

The graphics seem to compensate for that somehow & make it appear more compact & as you say, more aggressive, losing the slight 'stretched' look.(y)

Looks a lot better without the eyelashes mate. Ride height looks good now the springs have settled too.(y)

Looks much better in the sunshine Mark - the graphics somehow look a bit wider. I think that perhaps the eyelashes detracted from the main graphic a bit but I must say - that is looking cool now Bro (y)

Curiouser and curiouser!
It's not something i would do myself, but the more i see it the more it suits your car Mark. A bit like one of them songs you hate when you first hear it, then it grows on you,and you just can't stop humming it :confused:
Looking good, you did right, and THAT sunstrip!!!

MMMM...GORGEOUS!..
(y)

Thanks guys, I'm much happier with her look now :)& it does take a bit of getting used to TBF.(y)

hi mate. Love the wheels,What are they?
Thanks guineapig(y), they're Team Dynamics aka 100+ Fusion 17's.

Looks much better in the sunshine Mark - the graphics somehow look a bit wider. I think that perhaps the eyelashes detracted from the main graphic a bit but I must say - that is looking cool now Bro
Thanks Iain(y), it was good to get everyone's feedback with the lash effect...........not that I needed much help in making the decision to ditch 'em, but it echoed my own thoughts too.:yesnod:

You're right she looks much better now & thanks for that buddy, all she needs now are some kick-ass tips sticking out her ass!:ihih:

Curiouser and curiouser!
It's not something i would do myself, but the more i see it the more it suits your car Mark. A bit like one of them songs you hate when you first hear it, then it grows on you,and you just can't stop humming it
Looking good, you did right, and THAT sunstrip!!!

MMMM...GORGEOUS!..

Thanks Al, you were spot on with your advice mate, throw the lot on & peel off if it doesn't suit afterwards.(y)

As for the sunstrip, brilliant mate(y), you pulled another (sun) blinder there:D........I'm well happy what with her lowered stance & yes, the graphics do take some getting used to, but the more used I get, the more I'm liking the look she's adopting.:)

Spot on mate, low is very cool.
Cheers Rik, thanks to you & a bunch of top guys mate.(y)

Nice idea that Sun-strip have toyed with the idea myself (Halfords do a silver strip) but never quite got the feeling on it, but now several owners cars I've seen have them so its working on me. (y)