My Aeroplane

"Sorry love, can't perform tonight because I went to pee and stuck my hand to the old man"

I thought I read somewhere up in this thread that Jamie's old fella is proud of his work so far :-D

Hmmm I'll invite everyone to see the "Official" first flight :LOL:

It will of course be flown prior to any invitation to make sure all is well and that no technical issues will cause delay/boredom for onlookers etc

Or I can just video the highlights and put them up on the web :LOL:

I guess the trailer video would be stock photos of planes dodging tracer fire and flying blind through searchlights. If you stick to the east coast, you should be able to avoid Glasgow however you might get bottled over Newcastle.

I really like this project Jamie.... clearly you know exactly what you are doing. It's really good to see someone like you actually DOING something with your knowledge, instead of just talking about it. I really think you should set up a website about this project (time permitting) - a good place for a blog too and somewhere you can go to write about the project's progress 8) Something this big just has to be published mate.

Hi Jamie!
Just read this thread. this is a monster project, and I'm really envious!!
I have my first flying lesson this coming Saturday morning @ 0830 with Ravenair at Liverpool John Lennon.
I'm brickin' it!! The only small plane I've ever been in was in so much turbulence the co-pilot was airsick - honest!!

Just read through all of it! It looks absolutely amazing, something i too hope one day to do, 1st priority however is to get my PPL!

Good luck with the project!

Good luck Jamie..

personally i'm always afraid to get into anything i've made..my last attempt at a home-made condom means lil shishi will be born next year! :LOL: :oops: :oops: :D :?:

Jamie, could I ask a favour?

I'm due to go out to Comorant Alpha sometime in December. My company travel department asked me if I wanted to go by car or train!

I don't think they understand quite where our work takes us. Any chance of a lift if your plane is up and running. I've done the "how to jump off an oil rig and survive course" so I'm sure I could jump out a plane and the roughnecks lower me a rope from the platform.

Or shall I just get a whirrlygig from Aberdeen?