My Cougar Mods

adamellisuk

Well-known user
Sep 20, 2010
Sheffield
Hi all.

First off i would like to say thank you to those that have provided me with help over the last few weeks, it is much appreciated. :love: I have a lot to do but i will start with my very first mod. Clearly nothing too complicated :LOL:

Removing the Cougar & V6 badge.

Before

1olm9u.jpg

After

2ugp3j6.jpg

I have tinted my rear lights and will upload pictures tomorrow. I have also ordered some meshing to change my grille and a Flying M badge to replace the Ford logo on the rear.. :)

De-badging was my first step and now look at it, I hate badges of any form, an unnecessary eyesore on a beautiful car.

Keep on modding!!(y)(y)(y)

Did you order the flying emblem from the states. If so, shame as I have them to bring back to the UK already for sale.

De-badging was my first step and now look at it, I hate badges of any form, an unnecessary eyesore on a beautiful car.

Keep on modding!!(y)(y)(y)

Rich have you not had any trouble with the law over your tinted front and rear lights? there as black as can be haha? Im sure ive done my back ones as dark too, maybe too much so haha

the light unit itself has a built in reflector this has to be visible when light is shined on it or it is illegal and an mot failure

the light unit itself has a built in reflector this has to be visible when light is shined on it or it is illegal and an mot failure

That having been said Paul, alot of the rear light covers totally cover the reflectors, and as far as I know, no-one' with them fitted have been pulled, or failed an MOT.

Im curious to see if anyone has had any trouble with blacked out lights like mine. I cant be doing with been pulled every 2 mins. I have purchased a set of 34 LED tail lights to make sure they are nice and RED

I guess the best way to test if the reflectors are working is to park a car behind it and turn the lights on. If i have any probs i will buy some of these reflector strips.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-High-Inte...cleParts_SM&hash=item27a7c5c915#ht_550wt_1139

I am told 1 on each light ( 1 inch in diamator ) would be sufficient. Might not look amazing but its worth not getting pulled.

Mine have been blacked out on the boobs and painted over the reflector for 3 years and been pulled 5 times not once a problem has been mentioned about the rear lights, the main thing is do the lights shine clearly through the tint if it does don't worry about it if they can't be seen easily in the day time then they are too dark.

JJ

All of them indicators side lights and brake lights all need to be visible during daylight when they are on otherwise you are going to get pulled I'll take a pic of mine tomorrow for you.

JJ

This one????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...witem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_500wt_1182

When do you get back? I bought one 2 days ago and he still has not been in touch? When would i be able to get it and how much? I only paid $10 and its brand new..

Im back in about 3 weeks mate, its the exact same one I have here, from the same seller actually. Im selling them for £10 delivered to you mate, obviously I can guarantee they will be with you as i have them here and will be transporting them back, not gonna get lost in the international post lol

Let me know mate (y)

Chris

p.s Cat is looking nice!!

I've been driving for a few months now with these tinted rears :
DSC08230.jpg

I've not had a 2nd glance from the police yet & the car sailed through it's last MOT with them on.:)

Just ask someone to tell you whether they can see the lights working while you try them all during the day, it shouldn't be a problem matey, but personally speaking, I'm reluctant to put tinted fronts on, if you haven't upgraded to HID.

I like those alloys on your cat Adam, are they TSW Black Ice?(y)

I have xeon bulbs but not a hid kit so I may just put a layer or 2 on the front. Not really black.

Cheers pal. They are the black ice ones dude. :)