My Cougar

Need to cut down the mesh but decided to get some stainless steel mesh and make up a new grill. Hopefully will cut and finish it off tomorrow

DSCF1616.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

How did you fit the mesh to the grille mate? I have cut all of the inner grille out like you have but i have struggled to get it to fit. I was thinking tie wraps maybe.

I have not finished it yet as I am spraying the surround ebony black. I attached the mesh to the plastic frame with fibreglass

Ahh i see. It was really pissing me off and i could not figure out how to do it earlier, but i just took a drill to it and bent the mesh round it, then put tiewraps though the holes that i drew :) Jobs a good un.

I saw mmikey82's set up and wanted one lol. I have had to dremmel out alot of the hvac surround but will be worth it

Right I have been so busy as I have been fitting a kitchen but now thats out of the way back to the car. I am getting a new windscreen fitted on the weekend as my current one broke. Cannot wait to get rid of the delaminating old one and have a heated one fitted.

I have also bought a cnc engraving machine so eventually I will be making engraved gear knobs, cigarette lighters, centre caps etc.

My rear light moulds are about 65% done so over xmas I will be making a few sets up hopefully. I will post some pics soon of the grill and my new sat nav fitted.

here is pic of the back of mine cant really see much and its too dark to start taking it apart- but there is an adapter between the original wiring and the sat nav. if you struggle to get wiring adapter let me know and i will take mine apart and take a pic
2010_1115ebay0007.jpg