My Cougar

right took my sat nav apart,best i could-the adapter is just the bog standard two in the pic,but there is an adapter on the cd cable as well which i couldnt take out or get a decent pic of.it fits just above the power cables(you can see it in the first pic i sent)there is also a scart lead type adapter which i presume goes to the sat nav aeriel.hope this helps,im sure if you went to a decent car audio shop they could point you in the right direction
2010_1116ebay0008.jpg

Right I have been so busy as I have been fitting a kitchen but now thats out of the way back to the car. I am getting a new windscreen fitted on the weekend as my current one broke. Cannot wait to get rid of the delaminating old one and have a heated one fitted.

I have also bought a cnc engraving machine so eventually I will be making engraved gear knobs, cigarette lighters, centre caps etc.

My rear light moulds are about 65% done so over xmas I will be making a few sets up hopefully. I will post some pics soon of the grill and my new sat nav fitted.

Any news on the gear knobs David ?

Hello Tiggernick

Sorry for the late response. Basically I bought a damaged cnc engraver. I have got it pretty much working I just need to fabricate a new control panel and have had to order a couple of hard to track down diodes from Japan to get it up and running. I will keep you posted but I am going to give it a shot at engraving a gear knob. Thanks for your interest

The gear knobs sounds awesome mate!!

Also, just to ask a quick question, how much did you actually have to hack out to get the double din in there, im thinking of putting one in and am willing to get a spare fascia panel and try it out but just wanted to know how much hacking is involved and how long it would take?

Cheers mate, and well done on the cat, looking sweet as! (y)

Ah, sat and read it all.
Some awesome upgrades in there.

Couple of Questions -
What brake paint have you used?
To remove the Blower surround, did you have to remove the whole dial hood, or can you remove the surrounds only

Cheers Boss :)

I used engine high temperature enamel paint which I went sanded then buffed up using poorboys swirl remover I think its called.

In regard to the radio surround I had to dremel about 1cm from the top and bottom of the opening. Hope this helps

Just to let people know that finally have got the engraving machine up and running. Have ordered a few new tool bits so hopefully will start making engraved gear knobs, cigarette lighter handles, and centre caps after Christmas

Now there's something, eh? The amount of times I've read on here about people wanting to find a way of grafting Aston lights onto the back of a Cougar and it turns out we've had the 'right' lights all along! :LOL: I still prefer mine though. :)