My first ever mods

C

chessmaster

I have to admit I never saw myself modding a car...EVER... But here goes my first attempt:

First mods so far:

Crystal Black side repeaters with chrome bulbs, Looking much sleeker now, not that you can really notice the chrome's unless youÔÇÖre close up!

28082008618.jpg

ST200 Dual Air intake - Didn't bother altering the mounting bracket, just shaved off a few mm so it would fit, and fitted the new rubber intake pipe (?ú5 from frauds)

Sound awesome though, well chuffed, Cheers Ste

28082008617.jpg

Next up was the C2 grill, which makes the car now look as it should have been, matching the cougar on the steering wheel... Top stuff, Thanks Kazmania

28082008619.jpg

Next up is fitting my Mintex discs and pads (eBay) and the Eibach dampers and PI springs which Active sorted me out with, I believe this should lower the car by 30mm and give a firmer ride, very interested in seeing how these turn out!

Otherwise this is how the car is looking so far:
28082008615.jpg

28082008616.jpg

PS.. Alan let me know as soon as you have those Rear cougar badges, I donÔÇÖt think my car knows what it should be with the ford on the rear and cougar at the front!

Last edited:
Looking fine buddy, keep up the good work!

You do realize this is never ending?

That's what I'm worried about :mad2:

I know the cougar is a touring/cruising car, just wish there was a way to easily get to that 200ish bhp mark! :sad:

Yep! looking like a project (never ending) :LOL: and looking very sleek like it knows it's got some Eibachs waiting in the wings :yesnod:

(Still waiting for the badges matey, but never fear, Pid is here) :LOL:

Nice one mate, looks like we r starting off down this road together. Ive been fitting a few bits and pieces today. Got to start saving again for that grill now LOL
J.

It's good to know there's so many of us looking after these long forgotten cars! We definetly wernt the first though :)

Good work m8. The best bit is yet to come! Fitting them Eibachs and PI springs will not only transform the stance of your car improving the look, but it bring a real improvement to its handling, just be careful on them bends as your confidence will go up no end!

After the suspension upgrade, I'd recommend a ST200 rear antiroll bar to compliment the suspension. Look for anyone breaking a ST200 on ebay and offer them ?ú20 for the bar, it took me ages to haggle the bloke down to ?ú20 on ebay, he reckoned it was worth more so I told him to list it and see what it goes for as people dont ever really buy antiroll bars as they dont break! The antiroll bar mounting bushes are approx ?ú6 a pair from Fraud and the droplink assemblies are approx ?ú25 a pair from Fraud. You can re-use the mounting brackets from your old bar that connect to the rear subframe as they are the same.

No doubt you will be posting more pic's of your mod's as they happen and they will!

Cheers

Ste

This is where it starts ....... "Oh, I'll just change this" then before you know it,
it's "Oh, I really think I should change that" it's a never ending process :LOL:

It's looking good though (y)

Good work m8. The best bit is yet to come! Fitting them Eibachs and PI springs will not only transform the stance of your car improving the look, but it bring a real improvement to its handling, just be careful on them bends as your confidence will go up no end!

After the suspension upgrade, I'd recommend a ST200 rear antiroll bar to compliment the suspension. Look for anyone breaking a ST200 on ebay and offer them ?ú20 for the bar, it took me ages to haggle the bloke down to ?ú20 on ebay, he reckoned it was worth more so I told him to list it and see what it goes for as people dont ever really buy antiroll bars as they dont break! The antiroll bar mounting bushes are approx ?ú6 a pair from Fraud and the droplink assemblies are approx ?ú25 a pair from Fraud. You can re-use the mounting brackets from your old bar that connect to the rear subframe as they are the same.

No doubt you will be posting more pic's of your mod's as they happen and they will!

Cheers

Ste

Thanks for the advice Ste, keep me posted on some advice gonna need it from you guys, like the roll bar idea though! Already searching!:mad2:

This is where it starts ....... "Oh, I'll just change this" then before you know it,
it's "Oh, I really think I should change that" it's a never ending process :LOL:

It's looking good though (y)

Thanks

I had exactly the same mentality as you when I bought mine, then I did prettymuch exactly the same mods as you are doing a few weeks later :LOL: Look forward to seeing your progress :smile5:

Very nice Chessmaster - another beauty in BLACK! lol Looks like your doing similar mods to me (on the outside at least). I have put smoked side repeaters on and I have just received this morning my new rear lense covers. Just about to go buy the paint today. Can't wait to get them on. I'm going to fit a K&N induction to mine rather than go the ST200 way. When I can afford it - going to have her lowered by about 30mm too.
Will be good to see how you get on with yours.

Cheers, Tim (WildV6) (y)

Can we get a close-up of how to mod the C2 grille please? Is there a nice way of finishing it off to match the lamp curve?