my install

black-diamond

Well-known user
Apr 24, 2007
leeds west yorkshire
well took some pics today on the work in progress should be all in and trimmed tommrrow will upday pictures tommrrow just thought would show you guys the box build and all cables and will update with completed result

also will be split floor so i can get spare out

being installed are 2 jl audio w0v2 10 inch subs and 250.1 amp also jl audio

first pic is my old install

DSC_00074.jpg

260420103691.jpg

260420103681.jpg

will be sealed was looking at band pass or a third sub but thought would be simple as its a bit of a demo car for my mates shop where stuff has come from and if anyone wanted same stuff installed can show them how it can be done for not alot of money

Sounds good mate they sound good sealed those subs.

I wish mywiring looked that simple!, what glue has been used for the box or is it silicone?, if it is silicone mame sure it doesn't smell at all the fumes can perish the rubber/foam on the subs otherwise.

JJ

ok simply put sealed is very tight and punchy sounding, ported gives a lot more depth to certain frequencys depending what it is tuned to but does tend to react slightly slower we are talking small amounts that to most ears would never notice.

A sealed box cannot be tuned so building it to the recc specs is a must.

Ported can be tuned for a few different things massive spl output (sound pressure level) or musical at the expense of thereally low notes like 30hz and below or tuned high to play musically brilliantly but again at the expense of even more of the lows that you feel wobbling you rather than hear.

JJ

loks tidy dude is the vibe(?) runing the subs and the jl running comps?, whats going in the centre bit? something to be lit up with the perspex over it I guess?.

JJ

loks tidy dude is the vibe(?) runing the subs and the jl running comps?, whats going in the centre bit? something to be lit up with the perspex over it I guess?.

JJ

jl amp is running both subs and vibe amp will be tucked away out of site few more bits to do and yes perspex plinth will have a bend and cougar logo on it and led light at far end so will have nice glow and got few cover boards to cover up gaps on left and right should be all done by the weekend fingers crossed

just a quick update i am running subs in at moment and waiting for some trimming carpet to come as i will need a **** load to do it all then i will change the wiring on amps to get more power to them