My New Cougar Registration

WildV6

Well-known user
Feb 2, 2008
Devon, UK
Hi All,

Just thought I'd show off my new registration that I now have proudly on my Coug. (y)

Cougar-NewReg003.jpg

Cougar-NewReg002.jpg

Thanks guys, just a shame I couldn't got a 6 on the end of it! lol... Think Mr Plod would have had me for that one lol

You could put a series of black numberplate bolts in the shape of a 6 and claim that they're holding the plate on :skep:. Then again, perhaps not...:LOL::LOL:

im sure i heard that as of november this year the cops can now charge the garage that makes up plates in the wrong way spaces etc and wont accept the old " show plates excuse" also getting a new law so they can charge tax dodgers that park in car parks but not driveways etc

im sure i heard that as of november this year the cops can now charge the garage that makes up plates in the wrong way spaces etc and wont accept the old " show plates excuse"

assuming they can prove where the plate came from, and yet another waste of expensive police resources.

assuming they can prove where the plate came from, and yet another waste of expensive police resources.

The reflective back vynals that plate suppliers use to make plates are supplied to them with their own unique serial number. So you would need erase the serial number on the back of the plate to help prevent the kind chap who obliged with making the new plates being traced.

I dont think the Police would agree its a waste of police resources Phil, as its just another excuse to prey on the easy target motorist to increase revenue with pointless fines! Catching criminals costs serious money, catching motorists for stupid reasons creates serious money! In defence of the Police though, the uninsured and the wreckless drivers do need policing, but someone say having a Man Utd logo in place of the Euro logo does no harm to society, the law on reg plates should be very simple. If the No plate recognition camera's can correctly identify the car reg from the plate, then no offence could possibly have been committed. The camera's simply use a system of preprogrammed logic to identify a reg plate, I'm sure that with sufficient training even the traffic officers could become educated enough to consider that the reg plate at a glance can only be interpreted to be read as the reg number for that vehicle. Maybe the Police are more stupid than we think they are, hence why reg plate reg's are so stringent!

Cheers

Ste

The reflective back vynals that plate suppliers use to make plates are supplied to them with their own unique serial number. So you would need erase the serial number on the back of the plate to help prevent the kind chap who obliged with making the new plates being traced.

I dont think the Police would agree its a waste of police resources Phil, as its just another excuse to prey on the easy target motorist to increase revenue with pointless fines! Catching criminals costs serious money, catching motorists for stupid reasons creates serious money! In defence of the Police though, the uninsured and the wreckless drivers do need policing, but someone say having a Man Utd logo in place of the Euro logo does no harm to society, the law on reg plates should be very simple. If the No plate recognition camera's can correctly identify the car reg from the plate, then no offence could possibly have been committed. The camera's simply use a system of preprogrammed logic to identify a reg plate, I'm sure that with sufficient training even the traffic officers could become educated enough to consider that the reg plate at a glance can only be interpreted to be read as the reg number for that vehicle. Maybe the Police are more stupid than we think they are, hence why reg plate reg's are so stringent!

Cheers

Ste

Don`t get me on my orange box :incazzato:

what would happen if i got pulled with a reg that makes the car look newer than it actually is? i have been looking at a certain new style type reg that would be great for me but it would make the car look like an 06 plate..it says on DVLA site: "
Warning: If you intend purchasing a DVLA registration to misrepresent it on your number plate, we would rather you did not buy."..doesnt say what would happen if i did.