My new install too thread

Why not I did this year lol, so where are more pics dude??? did you see my post re the bigger amps I have for sale??

JJ

Yes Jason, but the subs are 4ohm 250rms so the PP monos would be too much power for them and i dont have the spare cash now :LOL:.

Progress on the box has halted due to the lack of a Jig saw (borrowing one tomorrow)

So some nice pic'ys of a 12" Reactor sub and the baby bros Reactor 5.25" coaxials 3 in each door :ihih:

12938_205081282159_778987159_4118561_4253702_n.jpg

12938_205081287159_778987159_4118562_7276085_n.jpg

Should be interesting dude and regarding the power as long as it is clean without clipping they will take it no hassle lol, if you do change your mind I will still have them only keeping them as spares tbh altho I doubt my new amps will ever have a problem.

JJ

no worries lol, as long as the supply is clean they will take it haha!!!!! I haven't blown a sub accidentally yet.

JJ

SEats out jobbie to get that in lol, you doing double skin? what thickness of mdf you gone for?

looks very very neat so far cutting wise etc, still a little concerned about the space for all six after port displacement how much do the ports displace?

JJ

I'm hoping to get it in one way or another without removing either of the front seats. It's 18mm and i plan to run two threaded steel rods front to back to stop the front baffle flexing very much.
the details are below ;)

12938_206800207159_778987159_4128503_840784_n.jpg

12938_206800212159_778987159_4128504_4266250_n.jpg

12938_206800222159_778987159_4128505_1828224_n.jpg

Plot looks good but 18mm will not be good for it you really need to at least double baffle the front and rear 6 subs even on your level of power will flex it to hell threaded rods or not chris, my 3.4cuft boxes flexed and the largest panel on that was 18" x 29" that flexed with one sub, seriously think about a double skin front and rear even if you only add 12mm to it also the top will need a second skin to the floor will be fine as long as you screw it to the false floor with a little glue under it.

just trying to help save you hassle in the future not being picky(y)

JJ

Also is it really saying your port displacement is under 1 cuft???? that seems very little port area for that size box!!!!!.

JJ

I do apresiate advise so thanks, i will think about reinforcement. The ports are two 6 X 6 10 inches long, BBP says the peak velosity is ok and i cant really go any bigger lol

No probs I think you will be surprised how loud it will be IF you can get the flex under control that will flex like a beech if you only keep it single skin the problem is I am assuming your outside dimensions are maxed out? with no room for second skin on roof panel? the front and rear should be fine, if you are really tight on the rear you could use some 2"x2" timber on the inside in a diamond shape altho you will need to recalc bbp to allow for the slight loss of capacity on the rear panel then but it should not make a major issue but will change length of ports slightly so deffo easier to think about reinforcemnt now rather than after when you find out it is flexing loads.

How much power you running? amp wise.

JJ

Also think how much material is missing from the baffle where subs are and the weight of subs etc fixed into it then imagine how little strength that is going to have so that is a priority lol those subs are going to move air big time dude can't wait to hear it nice to have another large install coming, I better get cracking on mine

JJ

Yep even with that power you will be surprised the amount of flex on panels that size defo will need double skin on front and rear mate if you can do roof also that would gain another .5 or so DB which lets face it why wall it if you dont want numbers lol.

FLEX IS THE ENEMY!! also think about future proofing at some point you will try more power 18mm +12mm FTW

JJ

frgot I posted that!! lol its not perfect but I need it to look good to I have a figure I am hoping to hit with the install and should be close to it, worth bearing in mind a 130DB install sounds twice as loud as a 127DB so it all helps your box flex could cost 2db easily ( figures are example you should hit higher than that if you do it right easily lol).

JJ